Ok... I have three machines running Mach3. 2 are using G540s, and the third will probably get one soon as the controller on that machine won't handle the motors I want to use (not my first hardware change over).

For the experience sake I would like to change one of my machines over to LinuxCNC. I thought I read a post where the G540 was a pull down option now in LinuxCNC, but I can't find it. (The post where it was discussed, I haven't reloaded Ubuntu/LCNC yet.)

The long and short of it I want to know if a change over is going to be a couple hours or a whole weekend?

I also saw a recent post where a user was having difficulty with the charge pump function when using G540s and changes to the LPT state. Has that been resolved?

All three of my machine controllers are currently XP Pro boxes using the on board LPT port in EPP mode, and they will all run 10-30 hour jobs as long as I don't touch the computer while they are running. (Actually 4, but the 4th one has some issues.)

I figured I would start with one machine setup as dual boot so I could check back and forth on configuration.

Yes, my CAM shows both EMC and EMC-Turn post processors.