586,103 active members*
3,337 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > New machine? Not quite yet..

New machine? Not quite yet..

Hi everyone,

I'm a student from holland and for the last two months now i've been working on my first own machine. I fully designed and produced the linear guides and hardware myself to work with standard skateboard bearings. And although all the hardware works fine two of my motors have stopped working while I was testing.

I'm using:
    DCNC-NEMA23-2,5-NM (as for stepper motors)
    HP5056 (as drivers)
    all driven by an USBcnc breakout-board

I'm am pretty sure the motors are the problem as the other motors work flawless once connected to the drivers of the broken motors. Both work fine to start with but now only twitch if you send them any signals. You can hear the motor working but the shaft will barely move and without any torque at all. Can someone help me with the likely cause? Is it possible that the stepper motors can still be repaired or are they fully blown?

Hope someone can help. I have my exams coming up so I was hoping I could get the machine finished beforehand.. So i can stop tinkering and start concentrating on my exams.

regards,
    ps i added a picture of the setup as of now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0098[1].jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tobias559 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a student from holland and for the last two months now i've been working on my first own machine. I fully designed and produced the linear guides and hardware myself to work with standard skateboard bearings. And although all the hardware works fine two of my motors have stopped working while I was testing.

I'm using:
    DCNC-NEMA23-2,5-NM (as for stepper motors)
    HP5056 (as drivers)
    all driven by an USBcnc breakout-board

I'm am pretty sure the motors are the problem as the other motors work flawless once connected to the drivers of the broken motors. Both work fine to start with but now only twitch if you send them any signals. You can hear the motor working but the shaft will barely move and without any torque at all. Can someone help me with the likely cause? Is it possible that the stepper motors can still be repaired or are they fully blown?

Hope someone can help. I have my exams coming up so I was hoping I could get the machine finished beforehand.. So i can stop tinkering and start concentrating on my exams.

regards,
    ps i added a picture of the setup as of now
    hi,

what board are you using? Please details your cnc controller that are you are using also if this is the cpu that comes from eding cnc or damencnc.