586,106 active members*
2,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 4th axis post processor for okuma

4th axis post processor for okuma

Good morning,
    im in need of a 4 axis post for mastercam, im currently using x5 and x6. the machine is an okuma 650vb with a koma rotary table. the post i have currently creates values above 360 degrees and alarms the machine out. if anyone has a post they dont mind sharing or knows how to fix the post i have let me know. thanks in advance for the help

What did you set your 4th axis parameters at in the Machine Definition? Do you have is set for Signed continuous under Axis Type or Signed Direction?

Im not sure honestly, but i emailed the post to a guy and he fixed whatever the problem was. thanks for the reply all the same. sorry it took me so long to get back with you, its been a madhouse lately.

While it is possible to do math and generate needed code from within the post processor, many times seeming errors are actually being generated in the MasterCam tool path due to the settings in the Machine and Control Definition files.