586,061 active members*
4,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HAAS netshare problems

Ive got 9 HAAS machines on our network in the shop, and none of them can access a shared folder on a server running windows 2008 R2. All the machines seem to be correctly configured, and they are all able to be pinged and respond as they should. The shared folder on the server is able to be accessed by other computers in the network, just not the HAAS machines themselves. Prior to this server, we had all the HAAS machines reading a shared folder from a server running Windows Server 2003. Same basic setup, but on the 2008 server nothing now. Is there something i am missing? or is this just a compatibility issue with HAAS and Windows Server 2008?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried to create a local user account for the machine on the win2008 server instead of the domain account to see if there is a security issue.
    Have you tried using wireshark to see what is going on in the background, or possibly disabling the SMB2 protocol on the Win2008, the Haas e-enet system is using Wince 6.0. for their communication system.

After a few more calls to HAAS, i finally got an answer. Windows Server 2008 is not compatible with the network share portion of their machines. Ended up just setting up an old windows XP machine with a shared folder, and had all of the HAAS' and the user's computers with access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velosteraptor View Post
    After a few more calls to HAAS, i finally got an answer. Windows Server 2008 is not compatible with the network share portion of their machines. Ended up just setting up an old windows XP machine with a shared folder, and had all of the HAAS' and the user's computers with access to it.
    Glad you figured out a workaround and thanks for posting your solution.

Did they say what part of Server 2008 wasn't compatible? I am having this same issue trying to access my sbs2011 server that is based on 2008. I am a little ticked that I spent over $1000 for the option on a new machine and no mention was made of incompatibilities with a pretty standard OS.
    -Eric

HAAS themselfs made no mention of what specifically it was. They only told me that they were "working on a solution." Kind of ridiculous considering server 2008 came out 4 years ago..

As it turns out it I am able to get the HAAS Tl-2 to access my SBS2011 server. After entering the hostname and moving down to the share directory you are supposed to hit "write/enter" and it is supposed to then list the available shared folders on that host. It does if it is a XP host. On my W7 and SBS2011 hosts it just comes up as a blank window. If I cancel the popup window and manually enter the share name, in our case CNC, I can then access the share from the netshare tab.
    -Eric