586,271 active members*
3,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Blender to bas relief

Hi all not sure if any one knows of this new plugin for blender but I am wondering well hoping some one can help.

There is a plugin that alollows you to make relief models in blender and it looks really good BUT I cant find any info on it at all and the only info I see he wants paying for whice I think is a bit wrong seeing as blender is meant to be free etc.

please can some one help

It would help if you mentioned the name of the plugin and gave a link so people can look it up.

Thanks.

Scott

Hi there thanks for replying

Doc:2.4/Reference/Windows/Nodes/Composite Nodes - BlenderWiki

Bas-relief node in Blender | BlenderNation

the problem with this is that its not included in any release of blender yet you have to build it your self which reqiures a lot of messing about well for some one like me who has no idea about these sorts of things .

Unfortunately, I do not have the skill set, or the time to play with this to compile it into blender and work out any bugs that may arise.

The patch file is a .h library file that add the functionality to Blender when copied to the appropriate sub folder and compiled.

It would be nice if it was an already compiled plugin. It would get some use and feed back in regards to bugs and such. I'll have to look into blender plugins and see what I can find out.

Time time time, I don't have a lot to do, but I feel like that rabbit Alice followed down the hole.

I think it's due to being too easily distracted.

Scott

LOL I know what you mean.

Well I really appriciate your reply.

And if you ever did get a chance to make a build with the patch that would be great.

All the best

What operating system are you using? I may try to compile this in linux with the patch

Hi there I use win7 32bit or 64bit and XP 32bit.

I dont care whice one its built for as long as its windows and one of the above :P.

Linux I dont have .

Dev:2.5/Doc/Building Blender/Windows - BlenderWiki

read that page. It's not hard to build software from source, someone else has done the hard work already. All you have to do is follow the instructions posted, and work around any errors that come up.

If you go to that page, follow that first link for setting up build environment. It is all explained there. Really the only thing you should have to research is how to apply the patch before compiling.

good luck. I am sure you can do it.

hi there thanks for replying.

I did have a go at building it but failed I did it last night maybe it was because it was late :P.

I will have another read but I uninstalled the software needed as I have no hard drive space LOL.

after installing the software I was left with 1gb :O.

I have found all of these builds people have made but not one seems to include the bas relief compisite

GraphicAll.org

How does the plugin work? I use 3dsmax but would also want to create bas relief models?

the noce works I think by converting the 3d model on the z plane depth to a hieght map as such but it is much much more detailed than that.

No one has made a windows build I have all ready found a linux build .

Only windows build out there the bloke wants paying for and it comes with tuts.

I listed an interesting thread below, the person who is offering this free plugin with his tutorial on how to use it has also visited the thread mentioned. And yes I said the plugin is free for an older version of Blender, he is charging you for a tutorial that he put together on how to use it. Yes it does take a 3d model and makes a height map from the model.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...ef_bitmap.html

Anyone have any luck with this? I have been trying and am getting lots of errors on the source\blender\nodes\composite\nodes\node_composit e_basrelief.c file.

I bought it and it works great on 2.62

Using it on 2.62 and while it does take a bit to learn the fine tweeking of models for scenes and to get the best out of the model for the bas-relief it does well. The tutorials could use a bit more information and detail, but I am not going to say that I have not benefited from them (pause and looking at picture and comparing to a functioning model does wonders for learning).

Michael

Just noticed this discussion.
    I am the author of the original code.
    It's nice somebody dit tutorials, but the way this person distributes the builds break the open source license.
    I will try to do a build once again of the patch(I am using it still on an older version of Linux) and post it somewhere.

That is most appreciated, will you be using the newer version of Blender.?

Hello, I recoded this node to a script. It's a bit slower(but not much), but has some added functionality which makes it more usefull than the node version.
    Script has also the advantage it's much easier to update for new version of blender.

Blender CAM: Bas-relief addon

For the addon to run, you need Blender CAM install or at least numpy in your blender-python libraries(better install Blender CAM if you don't know what that means...)