587,006 active members*
3,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Upgrade software prices

Upgrade software prices

Hello everyone. I just recently signed on to a new company. They had V9 and wanted to upgrade to X5. I believe they got ripped off as they have paid $2,925 for only one seat of X6 on mill level 3.

They still need the other seat which is another 2100.00. I know my last company was 1500.00 with level 3 lathe level 1.

Can you help and no I cannot go to my former employer to find out where they got it from.

Thank you.:boxing:

The big deal was the moved from V9 to X6 being the latest , and sense the release of X5 V9 had sunsetted were it was no longer support or worth a cost. but I know they still have been giving discounts. this also includes Maintenance . So I look at this as a good price.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Mastercam upgrade

Thank you for your reply cadcam. I was under the assumption that they had been paying the maint. since day one but have not paid in over 8 years. They went to cimatron and now that I am with them I prefer Mcam. So the upgrade was fair as I thought it was a simple maint. fee.

Thank you again:wee::cheers:

So you know if they had been paying the Maint they would of been at the latest. if stay on Maint you get the upgrades to the next versions.. well welcome back to the Mastercam side..Now I have to go back to programming. lol
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .