586,061 active members*
4,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Anyone using an indexable cut-off blade in their AHC-13 (cross-slide)?

Anyone using an indexable cut-off blade in their AHC-13 (cross-slide)?

I'm trying to find a suitable replacement blade for the AHC-13 tool holder on my cross-slide (CHNC-1). If you are using an indexable cut-off blade in your cross-slide can you post the make and model, and whether you had to modify the tool holder?

The original is a G21 Belcar-Hardinge indexable blade, p/n 68A-0009639-03, but I can't find a compatible replacement with the same dimensions. I see a Belcar P-X5 that is very close, but there are no dimensions in the Belcar catalog for this blade. I've emailed them and received no response.

I also see an Iscar SGFS SELF-GRIP blade, but either the width is a fraction too thick, or the angle isn't right.

I'm buying a blade for this holder for the first time. Perhaps they're more flexible (with the blade width) than I realize?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Torin...

cutoff blade

Quote Originally Posted by torinwalker View Post
    I'm trying to find a suitable replacement blade for the AHC-13 tool holder on my cross-slide (CHNC-1). If you are using an indexable cut-off blade in your cross-slide can you post the make and model, and whether you had to modify the tool holder?

The original is a G21 Belcar-Hardinge indexable blade, p/n 68A-0009639-03, but I can't find a compatible replacement with the same dimensions. I see a Belcar P-X5 that is very close, but there are no dimensions in the Belcar catalog for this blade. I've emailed them and received no response.

I also see an Iscar SGFS SELF-GRIP blade, but either the width is a fraction too thick, or the angle isn't right.

I'm buying a blade for this holder for the first time. Perhaps they're more flexible (with the blade width) than I realize?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Torin...
    I have been using the Iscar Doogrip DGFH 32-2 for years I had to mill off the bottom to get 1/2". Works I also bought the .122 insert blade DGFH 32-3 the inserts last a long time double end & I regrind them 2-3 times. Mostly use the .087 insert but have also used the .122's. both blade use the same holder. I use the 15 degree angle.