586,337 active members*
3,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Okuma D-Code W75 OR VACII Alarm 35

Had some wicked rain yesterday w/thunder. Machine alarmed out 9 times with "W-75 Alarm D". It had some comments after it about voltage. I can't remember exactly what it said as I thought the alarm would be in the alarm code list. To my knowledge it was a deviance of voltage to great alarm. This is on a LU-35M with OSP5020L control. After seeing the alarm on the NC I checked out the main spindle drive. It's a VACII D30-A 37KW inverter. The alarm code on it was 34. I have the drive book for it and the number is not listed as well. I don't believe the problem has come up since the rain, but I want to make sure of the alarm and scope input voltage to make sure it's clean and steady. Before I go through that I want to be sure of the alarm so I don't waste my time looking for ghosts.

Does anyone have any reference to this alarm?
    Jack of all, master of none
    Galveston, TX

ok, update for those interested.

The alarm says "VAC power supply change to large".

It just so happens that the drive units on the Okuma's are "VAC I,II,III" etc. I thought perhaps that "VAC" meant the incoming AC supply, wrong.

Update again... the "VAC" could in fact mean AC voltage. In any event, the problem is the drive is seeing a 6% change in input voltage during the regen of the drive for braking. Hard to see unless you have a good meter or O-Scope.

Maybe this post will help someone in the future.
    Jack of all, master of none
    Galveston, TX