586,121 active members*
2,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 configuration?

Hey all,
    I just received my first CNC machine, a JCUT 6090, with a JNC-40M (USB) board. The instructions that come with it are less than clear.
    I successfully installed Mach 3, and the driver for the board, and I'm able to jog the X, Y, and Z axis with the keyboard, but I'm at a loss when it comes to configuring Mach 3 for this board.

Their example for setting the input signals is "Define at the port 1, NO12 of the subsubsubscript, namely, the 12th subsubsubscript of the control card, which is at the extensive port of IDC5."
    This is preceeded by a table titled "The extensive input is in the socket of IDC5, and the functions that leave the factory are defined as the following table:" which has the headings
    "The corresponding subscript NO. of MACH3" | "The subsubsubscript NO of IDC5" | "Function"

This table has 23 rows which are populated with the numbers 9-32 in the first column, 1-23 in the second, and descriptions of each in the third ("Function").

I'm sure my description is about as clear as the instructions I need help with

Here's a link to the JNC-40M instruction manual, the configuration settings start on page 12.

If anyone could help me translate the "Engrish" into actual configuration settings, I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

This table has 23 rows which are populated with the numbers 9-32 in the first column, 1-23 in the second, and descriptions of each in the third ("Function").
    The first column are the pin numbers you enter in Mach3, the second column are the corresponding terminal or pin #'s on the board
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the reply, Gerry, but unfortunately, the descriptions don't quite match up for the Function in the instructions and the input signal description (Table 5-1 in the Mach Config document), such as "The multiplying power of the feed speed-" (18) or "Button for returning to the origin" (24).