586,104 active members*
3,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD Costs? HELP!!! RIPPED OFF???
Page 2 of 2 12
    Paul,

It was explained to you that that the software will not function on Mac computer unless you have some sort of Windows secondary OS like Windows Bootcamp. This is very important for you to know this.

In no way were you ripped off! It does sound like there was some confusion on your order. We are here to help but statements like "I was ripped off" are uncalled for.

Also don't get distracted about posts on this forum talking about price. BobCAD offers different prices for new clients and current clients. Know that the prices of BobCAD CAM software are more than fair for the features we offer.

If you want to know the current price list use this link: Store | BobCAD-CAM

I would also recommend that if you have an issue with your order to contact your salesman, his manager or our customer service line.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Wait a sec

There is a bit of everything here but I'm going to start off going back to the beginning. Paul did not get ripped off. Even if there was a misunderstanding on "what" was included in a package offer there are stages where we go over it with the customer over the phone such as our order verification procedure. These checkpoints have been adapted by BobCAD-CAM to ensure that customers know what they bought. That in itself is taking some responsibility even though as a buyer (which we all are) we tend to make sure we know what it is we buy. What I see is some people blowing things out of proportion only to discover "oh...I did get what I bought."

I'm not going to get into a thing about sales calls but I will say that a lot of customers actually appreciate good follow up, questions answered and now more than ever will tend to back off if the person doesn't qualify for the product. Sales exists to enlighten and see to it that someone has the right solution for their situation. Then there is the subject of money. There is no other CAD/CAM product on the market that offers the same capabilities in full that BobCAD-CAM V25 offers for the price. And I would challenge anyone who thinks otherwise. As far as "Did I get a good deal" goes, we always offer special deals, bundle packages that are designed to save you money and other great incentives that the competition simply doesn't offer. So what? Looks like most of you took advantage of those deals and saved a ton of money. That means YOU are smart and know your business. I like some of the help offered in this thread by some of the other members.

Lastly, some of the old timers up here have had gripes or issues with things over the years but in the same breath I will say every time we have invited one of them to call us and spend some time with us we have generally ended up helping them to succeed with our software. I encourage anyone upset, confused or challenged to simply pick up the phone and give us a call. We will answer your questions and if there was something on our part we needed to fix then we will. Period. Customer service is #1. Here are some solutions for V25 customers that are FREE:

BobCAD-CAM Version 25 Getting Started Course | BobCAD-CAM

Manuals | BobCAD-CAM

Hope those help!
    CNCDude

Quote Originally Posted by paulgt3 View Post
    I talked to the guy for an hour. Then he called me back to just talk because somehow we got on cars and he wanted to ask a bunch of questions on how to buy a high end car
    (one of my specialties) so I will get him back on the phone tomorrow.
    Got to love those big commissions!

Look at all the roaches come out!!!

Hey Paul, if you are serious about getting help in the forum, in the future, a more "taylored" subject line will get you results without all the roaches interfering....

Hi Guys

I'm new to all of this but I like to learn
    And by the way I'm not a native english speaker so pls. excuse if my english is not perfect.

I was looking for a CAD/CAM Software to safe time and money by doing the design and the G code upfront to the guy who has the CNC machine.
    So I was downloading the trail software from BobCAD and received a phone call
    from a sales person. He offered me a great he stated.

1x Version 25 Standard 2D and 3D Full CAD-CAM Retail $2495
    1x Version BobArt Pro 2D and 3D Vector Package Retail $1495

for a total price of $525!!!!

I was a little confuse because I could see on their homepage the BobArt Pro Software for the retail price of $1495 but I couldn't find the BobCad Software for $2495???

If you look on their homepage the only software with an retail price of $2495
    is the "V25 – 3 Axis Mill PRO Bundle with lathe add on " and the "V25 – 3 Axis Mill Std." and not the "Version 25 Standard 2D and 3D Full CAD-CAM Retail".
    This software cost $695????

Is this now a good deal or not ???

I guess it is in general but for me it is misleading customer.

BRGDS Gordon

Confused?

Gordon, It's more likely that you were offered the Hobby Version of our software or an earlier version rather than V25. Is it possible that you might have misunderstood which product it was that you and the sales person were talking about? In any case, we appreciate your interest. And I am sure that BobCAD-CAM would be happy to show you how you can use the products successfully to save time and make money with your CNC machine.
    Sincerely,
    CNCDude

Hi CNCDude

I'm not questioning that this is a good deal I convinced it is a good deal
    but why not use the correct name of the product so the future customer can
    compare the products on your homepage with the "special deal" ????

If you convinced that your product is top of the line there is no need for any
    misleading or confusion.

For me $2495+$1495 = $3990 down to $500
    is a different deal then $695+$1495 = $2190 down to $500

PS. I don't think I misunderstood a written offer!

isn't it??

Gordon

Thats a great point.. The other day, I looked at "brand X" (dont want to mention any names here) website to get their product. Couldnt find anything. I finally got a quote for like $6500.00 for their full blown CAD Premium package.. I got this reseller on the phone and he offered to sell it to me for 2700.00...

I feel so Mislead and violated.

I dont think I'll buy it from that guy on the phone. I really want to pay the 6500.00!

@BurrMan

Ok again!

"Offer"
    $2495+$1495 down to $500 = saving $3490

"Homepage" in accordance to the name of the software on the offer!!!!
    $695+$1495 down $500 = saving $1690

If $1800 less in saving is nothing for you ok for me it makes a big difference!

You never get a second change to make the first impression.
    And my first impression was somebody try to fool me despite the fact that this is still a good deal!!!!

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by goofy36 View Post
    @BurrMan

Ok again!

"Offer"
    $2495+$1495 down to $500 = saving $3490

"Homepage" in accordance to the name of the software on the offer!!!!
    $695+$1495 down $500 = saving $1690

If $1800 less in saving is nothing for you ok for me it makes a big difference!

You never get a second change to make the first impression.
    And my first impression was somebody try to fool me despite the fact that this is still a good deal!!!!

Gordon
    Gordon,
    I see the deal you are speaking of on the BobCad store site:

1x Version 25 Standard 2D and 3D Full CAD-CAM Retail $2495
    1x Version BobArt Pro 2D and 3D Vector Package Retail $1495
    It's listed under the bundles section.

Note that the Version 25 standard package refered to in writing is "Full CAD-CAM"

Somehow you are injecting "CAD only" into the mix? I dont see the CAD only package listing anything about CAM also to create the confusion?

Why are you injecting the 695 dollar package into your quote?

If you look on their homepage the only software with an retail price of $2495
    is the "V25 – 3 Axis Mill PRO Bundle with lathe add on " and the "V25 – 3 Axis Mill Std." and not the "Version 25 Standard 2D and 3D Full CAD-CAM Retail".
    Actually, I do see that listed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	confusing_not.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	162090

You seem to be stating that the 3 axis mill standard is not the package being refered to?

How did you get confused with "Version 25 Standard 2D and 3D Full CAD-CAM Retail" listed in the "Full versions" section with "V25 CAD"?

Hi

well the sales rep. called me and clarified everything.
    Sorry I was confuse because I'm new to this industry.

Gordon

Maybe it's possible now since we got everything cleared up on this little confusion, to change the name of the thread from "I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to maybe......"Small Confusion - Help". lol
    CNCDude

Quote Originally Posted by cncguy1 View Post
    Yes! You did get ripped off. I also downloaded the trial and got the phone call. When "Gilbert" told me the cost was $1800.00 I told him to call me when it got down to $200. Within 20 seconds I bought BobCad/Cam and the training videos for $200.00.
    Which package were you able to haggle down to $200? Is this the V21 Express hobby version? If it was V25 I'm all ears . It's much easier to deal with sales buys when you know what their bottom line is.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    Maybe it's possible now since we got everything cleared up on this little confusion, to change the name of the thread from "I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to maybe......"Small Confusion - Help". lol
    CNCDude

Sounds like a plan to me now the "flames" have died down somewhat

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    CNCDude
    This forum needs a "like" button.

To be fair,it would also need another button.ha,ha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Page 2 of 2 12