586,060 active members*
4,553 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Enable Fanuc OM-D 4th axis

Hi all

Just wondering, do you know which parameters need to be enabled to get the forth axis working on Fanuc OM-D control.

We have install everything, i.e. boards, cables, index unit. Now just need to enable and then configure.

This machine has never had a 4th axis on it, but does have the boards and keypads for it. Basically it was an option which we never bought at the time, but machine was half prepared for it.

I have a parameter manual here. Goto check if I have the 900 series manual though..

cheers in advance

pinguS

Smile

Sorted, enabled the correct parameter in 900 series

I need your help, i want to connect a 4th axis rotary table in my Chevalier Falcon with FANUC OMD , but in the manual operator says that i need a servo amplifier module additional to wire the 4th axis . Do you know whats the Fanuc Code for this servo amplifier?? I hope your comments.

Hi
    The amplifier we used was
    A06B-6079-H103
    Picture attached, also the other picture shows how it has been connected, the green wire goes to the Cincinatti Rotary Table which we have. After this has been put, then parameters need to be set so that it rotates correctly and at the correct degrees. Also we changed the letter to correspond to 'A' instead of 'B' when rotating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130829_084843.jpg   20130829_084918.jpg  

Also there is a parameter I believe in the 900 series which turns on the 4th axis controls, PM me if you get stuck, I may be able to help.

Pingus i send you a PM please help meeee!!! Parameters needed!!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk now Free

HELP? I also want to add a 4th axis to my Chevalier 4020 VMC w-FANUC OMD what needed?

Quote Originally Posted by rgdcncmachines View Post
    I need your help, i want to connect a 4th axis rotary table in my Chevalier Falcon with FANUC OMD , but in the manual operator says that i need a servo amplifier module additional to wire the 4th axis . Do you know whats the Fanuc Code for this servo amplifier?? I hope your comments.
    I am looking at buying a VMC and want it to have a 4th axis. Can anyone help me with how to add one to a FANUC O-MD control. I'm looking at a Chevalier 4020 VMC I need to buy something before years end and this machine is at a place that has more and 1 of them has the 4th on it.

Does anyone have any pointers, do's & don'ts etc.

Re: Enable Fanuc OM-D 4th axis

Hi PinguS, I have a FANUC OM-C and a Nikken 150 rotary table. We have everything set up and I have set most of the parameters according to their logic values (I don't have the original 4th axis parameters).

The system throws alarms at me (Servo alarm 401 and servo parametrs) I could not figure out what is missing to activate the rotary. When you activated your 4th axis, was there a particular parameter that need o be set in order to power up the drive. I always get VRDY alarm. The A axis is dislayed and even the encoder works and shows movement when I drive it manually. But the servo does not want to get into power mode.