586,216 active members*
4,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HPGL help me!

Hi everyone.

I am trying to generate HPGL to be used with a simplified plotter device.. Not for routing or anything. I just need to take words from a text file, and output HPGL of the word in a specific TTF font..

Anyone gotten any good advice on which HPGL driver outputs a nice generic HPGl file which a very simple (luberths crazy QBASIC HPGl routines) HPGl interpreter can read...

I will soon post more on this if there is help comming. I have a device built and working, but it only works well with 1 file ive got... I cannot figure out the reasons.. But this one file.. The scale, etc. It is all perfect..

Argh..

Robert
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Quote Originally Posted by vacpress
    Hi everyone.

I am trying to generate HPGL to be used with a simplified plotter device.. Not for routing or anything. I just need to take words from a text file, and output HPGL of the word in a specific TTF font..

Anyone gotten any good advice on which HPGL driver outputs a nice generic HPGl file which a very simple (luberths crazy QBASIC HPGl routines) HPGl interpreter can read...

I will soon post more on this if there is help comming. I have a device built and working, but it only works well with 1 file ive got... I cannot figure out the reasons.. But this one file.. The scale, etc. It is all perfect..

Argh..

Robert
    Have you tried a HP7475 driver.
    I played some with this software and had the same problem. The older the plotter the more basic the HPGL will probably be.

This is a guess but the drivers may be expecting ght HPGL to understand fonts in text and outputing ascii tather than HPGL for text.

Download Mach three and feed it your hpgl and see what it draws in simulation. It was originally concived to do HPGL and is supposed to be strong on HPGL imports.

Also Dancam was originally designed to spport HPGL. It is free and will drive your motors.

Garry

Garry

Have you seen this site

http://www.geocities.com/pancary/