586,111 active members*
3,463 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Z servo reatach parameter problems

Okuma Z servo reatach parameter problems

Hi Guys!

I have some really nasty problems on my MSV4020 with an OKUMA OSP-U10M control...
    The facts are the following:
    we had to detach the Z servo from the machine about 2 years ago because the failure of the built in break system preventing the spindle to slide down when powering down the MC.. anyway we have repaired the break and followed the service guys instructions during the reinstall, but anyway the machine's Z coords have changed about 0,3mm and now I encounter that when I turn the Control off whit the spindle at the upper travel limit I get the attached [IMG][img=http://www8.zippyshare.com/thumb/19428923/file.html][/img][/IMG] error message and I cant do anything but to roll the head a bit lower from the upper travel limit manually (mechanically by hand at turned off state of the machine) to be able to start the Controller

So the question is: what should I do to get rid of this error, how could I re parameter the Z limits or the machine coords offset ore something to set things back as they were before
    Mainly what are the parameters which I should modify to get rid of the error?

what is the common setup procedure when installing a servomotor on the machine?

very strange. Encoder initialize failed. Do You get this message when powering on the OSP?
    It looks You have hardware encoder overtravel from what You told. The encoder has limits itself. If You fix the problem by moving the axis manuallly it looks like that's the case.
    So You need to turn encoder ... one full turn must be enough, I guess and put it back.
    Sure, You need to adjust system parameter axis limts after that. This will be the parameter setting job.

So I guess the encoder has a bit wider travel range than the machine at Z axis...
    So if I do as you say, after that I'll have to re enter the correct tool changing pos. in the parameters as well..

But one thing still interests me. If the encoder gets out of its travel limit, I should get an error when I go to travel limit at powered up state as well.. shouldn't I?

Or it is necessary only when I power up the Controller to be between the travel limits of the encoder, and it has a capability to travel a bit beyond its limits when it is already initialized?

Sorry for my weird English

The travel range of encoder maybe ~5 times greater Z travel range. You just got onto the limit unfortunately. Sure, maybe other problem. This one is easy to check. Then you can search for other.
    You need to re-adjust encoder zero after touching it anyway. Check of ATC steps could be done in regular basis at his case. The ATC check takes approx 1 hour for inexperienced technician. Assurance is worth much more

Just go to the system parameters and adjust your PR ZERO OFFSET number to correct for the error. This number is specifically for that purpose and is essentially an encoder shift number so if you replace a belt,lose an encoder etc. you can get back to your original Zeros, fixture offsets,limits, etc without having to change a thousand things.

Change the number by amount off, cycle power (since parameter set alarm will occur) and re-boot. Done!

Best regards,

ps> always a good idea to write down any numbers you are about to change...

hola nececito ayuda con un okuma vr 40 osp500 tiene error de limites no puedo cambiar herramientas ni mover la maquina solo el eje y

hola nececito ayuda con un okuma vr 40 osp500 tiene error de limites no puedo cambiar herramientas ni mover la maquina solo el eje y
    sveikas, malonu matyti čia nors vieną ne amerikoną ir ne australietį. Na, tai kokios bėdos su tomis staklėmis?

Now only one thing remains uncovered for me...
    How should I figure out that which direction and how much increments should I modify on the original value????

Thank You for the earlier suggestions Guys!