586,651 active members*
2,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Experience with carving-cnc.com 6040 router
Page 2 of 8 1234
    The only difference I can see is this model has black panels on the controller case whereas the older one has blue. And this one they give a probe.

Construction appears identical.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

The basic difference is the stronger spindle motor (1.5kw) and that the controller box is already equipped for a 4th axis.
    The disadvantage is, that due to the bigger spindle, the total work volume is a bit smaller.
    BTW: On my table, the max x/y values are 379.7/579

I find the Z-travel to be quite limited with 60mm.
    Thus my question
    6040Z+S80 - using the 4th axis - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!
    if the T-slot plate can be removed to mount the 4th axis at Z<0 and mill cylindrical objects up to n+120mm diameter.

Replaced 74LS244
    Did not find any effect,
    Is it because the computers are different?
    The 74HC244 did not find any undesirable phenomenon, perfect performance.
    I specifically involved in the testing of new machines.
    Can you tell me?
    When you replace
    Find any improvement effect.

Unfortunately, I do not understand electronics,
    I also hope to get the best performance with the cheapest cost.
    But my electronics supplier may not be so considered.
    Drive, we have many choices,
    In China, customers need to tell us
    Direct use can be more expensive.
    The magic of the English,
    The magic of google translation tool
    Difficult for me to receive timely feedback abroad.

Replaced 74LS244
    Did not find any effect,
    Is it because the computers are different?
    If your computer outputs 5V levels on your parallel port, then the 74HC chips work fine. But many computers don't output 5V levels!
    As I already explained before:
    The 74HC Chips need at least 3.5V to recognize a definite high-level. The problem: Some parallel ports (most on new computers with integrated parallel ports, which is now again dying due to USB) are running with 3.3V CMOS Levels. This means, that the 74HC can interpret the 3.3V as high, but it isn't sure. The outcome can be purely random. Especially if there's some additional noise on the line.
    The additional advantage (apart from the lower needed high voltage level) of the 74LS chips, is that they do have schmitt trigger inputs. This again improves much the noise resistance.
    The third advantage is, that the 74LS are capable of driving much more current.

BTW: Please also include additional 100nF filter caps on the 5 input pins, as otherwise they are extremely sensitive to noise.
    E.g. I had to do it, otherwise I couldn't run my machine, as soon as I turned the spindle on, immediately it recognized an estop (and no SW filtering in MACH3 helped there).
    After adding the 100nF caps, everything works perfectly.

Wow!

Thanks a ton Helloagain for your 411 especially on that crazy X4JKB board!

I have been trying to get info/schematics on this thing for a week but like others have found, it doesn't seem to exist! I did manage to find some scribbling on a Russian forum (attached). I have some shielded and ground-able 4 core 18 gauge stepper motor wire on its way to better insulate the steppers from each other and especially the spindle as well as some home/limit switches. I as well would like to give the OEM control box a chance before going Gecko. How have/will you make your home switch connections on the board?? I am blown away by the inaccuracy/cheap-ness of this control box and fear making any connections without guidance (which the manufacture or re-seller can't provide) 1st!

Thanks again for your info Helloagain!

Ryan,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YooCNC_6040_x4jkb.jpg  

How have/will you make your home switch connections on the board??
    Very simple. Just use the 3 yet unused input pins for anything you want. If the pin Header on your pcb is also not populated, then I would recommend you solder some in. Then you can easily attach any switch you like to them. But as I already said, if you are already at soldering the pin header, do also solder a 100nF 0805 between every input and gnd. Otherwise your inputs will go crazy if you have longer wires.
    How the input pin header is connected I already posted earlier in this thread.

BTW: The schematic you found is at first sight correct. But I don't have the time to check it in detail. One error I found. E.g. the resistor on the input pin, which goes directly to the parallel port is missing. Also the LED with it's resistor is missing.

Thank helloagain good recommendations
    I am going to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snap2.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by yoocnc View Post
    I specifically involved in the testing of new machines.

Unfortunately, I do not understand electronics,
    I also hope to get the best performance with the cheapest cost.
    I don't understand how you are responsible for testing but have no electronics experience?

I think that would be very hard to do, as without electronics experience you can only guess at what is causing random problems, and may never know why it did something or didn't do something?

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

This is very easy to understand.
    I am a one of YOOCNC partner,
    I am responsible for the management of OEM foundry business.
    So I do not understand electronics,
    Of course, I do not need to test the machine.
    This should be performed by the staff of the professional departments.

Because I see you have made,
    So I think that the depth to understand it,
    Our factory is mainly production of the mechanical parts
    Most of the electronic parts from other suppliers.

As you probably know,
    We do not directly sell their products in foreign countries.
    They are provided by a number of dealers orders.
    You may find that The surface of the machine have not logo "YOOCNC".
    Perhaps,Who is the manufacturer, the dealer does not want buyers to know that.
    These machines and our direct sales, there is a difference. (See diagram)
    We did not receive feedback on the electronic part from the dealer.
    So I found here, I'm interested to see the improvement.

In fact,The same machine,But the use of the environment is not the same,
    These are not the same country, computer, system, user, grid,Habits and requirements vary.
    Therefore, in the test department to the normal situation,May not be representative of the world.

Here, I also found a problem.
    Why can not see the other machines we produce here.
    Here is almost the same.

I guess with "other machines" you mean the "Elven" series.
    They are too small to be considered for milling a hobby or small business workshop.
    And if you can affort one of the "Surfing" line the price difference doesn't matter, so you get the biggest one.

Forget to send pictures

Many of the details is not the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6400-2.jpg  

That looks like completely different electronics then the one we have problems with.
    Can't see enough detail to identify the cables are being the same or different ones.

Not only is the controller and case different, but the majority of the machine is completely different too. If you look at the extrusions and all the mounts, they are of far, far better quality than the ebay ones.

Here's a question though, I have NEVER seen this or similar models on ebay, if YOOCNC is a manufacturer/distributor of (serious) hobby level machines, who are they selling to?

None of the current or prior breeds of machines on ebay even remotely resemble that picture. Even down to the labels and placement.

cheers,
    Ian

I think the sellers on ebay cooperate or have to sell out their old models before they can list a newer and improved model which will make the older models almost impossible to sell.. I can´t see any other reasons for this..

So, what is the inductance on the steppers (needed to select a power supply for the advised Gecko G540)

A great deal of the individual sellers on ebay are actually one massive company. I got an email from a seller who was changing companies, and the new company had almost the top 10 Chinese cnc suppliers on ebay as store fronts for this one company. That's whay the postage and product costs vary seller to seller, but the total price including shipping amounts to around the same!

cheers,
    Ian

I just noticed that carving-cnc now offer a hardware only model, no controller, spindle or VFD. Perhaps they're starting to realise that the crap controllers are affecting their business.
    Regards
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by tumutbound View Post
    I just noticed that carving-cnc now offer a hardware only model, no controller, spindle or VFD. Perhaps they're starting to realise that the crap controllers are affecting their business.
    If that price includes international shipping, then it's more or less a better way to go, even allowing $380 for the spindle/VFD and $280 for a G540, plus cables/connectors of course. It still ends up more or less around the average cost of the usual machine packages.

cheers,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    If that price includes international shipping, then it's more or less a better way to go, even allowing $380 for the spindle/VFD and $280 for a G540, plus cables/connectors of course. It still ends up more or less around the average cost of the usual machine packages.

cheers,
    Ian
    It doesn´t include shipping.

Regarding the spindle. Will it be better to choose a different spindle and VFD than they include in their system?

Page 2 of 8 1234