586,112 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Tornos ENC162 Tool Cam timing lost

Red face Tornos ENC162 Tool Cam timing lost

Hi,
    I recently took the servo motor off the machine that drives the cam and didn't mark the cam location for reassembly, The cam has moved and I don't know how to get it back into it's original position. Right now I'm just guessing with no luck. Does anyone know how to get the cam back to its original position? The machine alarms out when I try to "0" it. The alarm reads over travel on the -X.

Any and all help is appreciated, David

I believe the "low" spot on the cam is the "highest" x position. And from there that may be the "reference" position. That reference position should be some kind of number in parameter 1320 ( I think it's 1320) but, you should already know which parameter that is if you're this far into it.

From there, if you have a master for your presetter, you can get it close. Then just dial in your presetter for the new position. Then you'll have re-do all of your tools that are in tool holders.

Of course, adjusting your presetter...#1 assuming you have one, #2 assuming you only have one machine that uses that presetter.

If you have multiple machines using the same presetter, then I would find out where "reference" point is and then drop your bit...again, hopefully you already know how to "drop" the bit and turn back on via "1815".

I've done it a couple of times but, it's been about 15 years...and I had 4 machines using the same presetter.

I hope I made sense...if not, feel free to ask some more detailed questions and hopefully I can respond likewise.

I thank You for your response. I do not have a pre-setter. I e-mailed Mike At Tornos and he sent me a 3 page instruction sheet on how to get it back to where it is suppose to be. There was multiply steps and I was able to get it in my second attempt. it's running like I never disturbed it. Again , Thanks for your response, David

OK, glad tornos was able to help you and hopefully they didn't bill you for the procedure... If you have any other questions about the ENC162/164/167, I can help as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DCogswell View Post
    OK, glad tornos was able to help you and hopefully they didn't bill you for the procedure... If you have any other questions about the ENC162/164/167, I can help as much as possible.

I have 8 ENC-162, and 3 ENC-164 machines. We are in need of training, help, advice and tips regarding setup, repairs and operating these machines.
    I am willing to pay all expenses to get someone to our facility for training.
    Would you, or anyone else reading this, know or recommend somebody capable and willing to do this? Any help is appreciated!

I also would be willing to consider permanent placement for the right individual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pininator View Post
    I have 8 ENC-162, and 3 ENC-164 machines. We are in need of training, help, advice and tips regarding setup, repairs and operating these machines.
    I am willing to pay all expenses to get someone to our facility for training.
    Would you, or anyone else reading this, know or recommend somebody capable and willing to do this? Any help is appreciated!

I also would be willing to consider permanent placement for the right individual.
    Here's my email: [email protected]

We can discuss in more detail as to your needs.
    thanks,
    Dave