587,030 active members*
4,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Water temp, glass laser tube

Water temp, glass laser tube

Just picked up a Hurricane laser and am trying to get it set up and running. So far so good, other than the instructions which are a joke. I have no experience with glass laser tubes and the instructions indicate that the water should be kept at or below 25C. (~77F) My small work space is air conditioned but in the extreme Phoenix heat about the best room temp I can sustain is 78-80 degrees. The supplied so called "water chiller" that came with the machine can only manage to keep the water around 30C (~86F) at best under those conditions. So just how important is it that he water be 25C or less and what can I expect if I run it at the higher temps?

Hi, did this come with a cw-3000? I don't think the cw-3000 chills the water
    does it? I think if a tube operates higher temp than designed, it won't be as
    stable and give predictable results. Say you start off cutting acrylic at 60%
    as it warms up it might need more power or slower speed to do same job. I
    have a freon chilller so it cools the water too, never had one overheat. It
    will be interesting to see if someone has experienced an overheated tube and
    learn the symptoms of such. GM

Yes the machine came with a CW-3000 which does nothing more than pump the water through a radiator which is cooled by a fan. It basically can do little more than keep the water near whatever the ambient temperature happens to be in the room. Unfortunately, here in Phoenix in the summer, the coolest I can keep the room is about 80-85 degrees in the middle of the day. I could rig up a chiller which is refirgerated if absolutely necessary but I'm to going to go through the trouble if the benefit is only a very miniscule one. I have been assured by a Hurricane rep that my current set up is adequate but I'd love to hear from somebody with a bit more knowledge on the subject.

How to choose the water a chiller for the co2 laser tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Veich View Post
    Just picked up a Hurricane laser and am trying to get it set up and running. So far so good, other than the instructions which are a joke. I have no experience with glass laser tubes and the instructions indicate that the water should be kept at or below 25C. (~77F) My small work space is air conditioned but in the extreme Phoenix heat about the best room temp I can sustain is 78-80 degrees. The supplied so called "water chiller" that came with the machine can only manage to keep the water around 30C (~86F) at best under those conditions. So just how important is it that he water be 25C or less and what can I expect if I run it at the higher temps?

Hi , Firstly , we need to know the watt of your tube , working time. as you know , we need a chiller to provide good cooling water to cool the Discharge tube that can make the gas works stably . if your tube is below 80w ,and do not work long time , you can choose the cw-3000DG ,110v .it is fan cooling .

Secondly . if your tube is more than 80w, up to 120w , you need choose the cw-5000DG ,110v .and it has a Refrigerator inside ,the cooling result is better than the cw-3000DG .

Thirdly. if your tube is more than 120w ,you can choose the cw5200DG, 110v.also has a refrigerator inside , it is more powerful .

If you have any questions about laser parts using , i am glad to solve .
    Hope that can help you .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW-3000.jpg   CW-5000.jpg   CW-5200.jpg  

This is why we include the CW-5000 with each machine we sell, so there are
    no overheating issues for those that live in hot climates.
    Frontline Lasers LLC
    www.frontlinelasers.com

Smile

Yes ,your service is very good . i see your website , you are selling the laser machine ,the parts like the lens ,mirrors ,control system(mpc6535) .

i have all the parts about co2 laser machine , like normal laser tube ,reci laser tube ,systems. maybe we can cooperate and talk about the questions about laser machine .

i can quote a better price i think .if you are interested in this business , you can check my profile and find my contact information .

i am waiting for you on the MSN ([email protected]) or Skype:cenranlaser. thanks