586,121 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Let see those hobby / not for profit parts.
Page 1 of 3 123

Let see those hobby / not for profit parts.

I thought this would make cool thread. Let see those pictures of parts you have made. Just keep them to hobby, not for pay or parts your just proud of.

Here's mine:
    The first 2 are of a RC pattern plane that is a gas to electric conversion. All the flat CF pieces were done on my PCNC1100.

The F7F Tigercat is an electric RC plane designed about 10 years ago. It's a pretty fast plane now with modern motors and LiPo batteries. The parts I made were the motor mounts and the retractable landing gear mounts.

Thanks for looking,
    Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insipe Inflight 9-28-08_08 crop [1024x768].jpg   P1010063 [1024x768].JPG   IMG_0198 [1024x768].JPG   P8140015 [1024x768].JPG  

Tormach PCNC1100, Mach 3 R3.043.037, MastercamX5 level 3.

Great thread idea. I'm just getting started on the part making journey with my machine, although not a Tormach - I've only done a handful so far.

Scope adjustment lever.

RC dual wielding flame thrower boat. Making all the barrel brackets and nozzles - you can see the proof of concept 3D printed parts in the first picture.

PM-45 CNC conversion built/run/sold.

Nice looking parts you guy's!
    Here are some parts and assemblies I have made with my PCNC770
    A special tool to remove the fork caps on my motorcycle, I recently changed fork springs and fork oil and needed this to complete the project.

And a couple of model air powered steam engines.
    A Elmer's #50

And Elmer's #37 "Grasshopper" engine.

I have a movie of the #50 on Photo Bucket but Photo Bucket is really slow right now, I'll add a link if anyone is interested. The #37 is about 90% done, just the little fiddly stuff takes a long time.
    I am also about ready to start making chips on some aluminum top and bottom triple clamps/ assembly for a 1972 Triumph Bonneville that I am converting into a cafe bike. Here is a rendering of that assembly.

I'm just trying to decide on how I'm going to do the gauge cluster, switch panel and make some changes on the top clamp. I plan on making my own clipon's as well as rear sets and brake/ shifter linkage.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Quote Originally Posted by btu44 View Post
    All the flat CF pieces were done on my PCNC1100.
    Hey Barry,

I'm not trying to derail things, but how are you doing the CF parts? Do you have some sort of vacuum or air system for keeping the dust down? I've been wanting to do it on my 770, but I'm very leery of breathing CF particles.

Quote Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
    Hey Barry,

I'm not trying to derail things, but how are you doing the CF parts? Do you have some sort of vacuum or air system for keeping the dust down? I've been wanting to do it on my 770, but I'm very leery of breathing CF particles.
    I understand your question...I hear CF is as good for you as asbestos

What I do is use a 1/32 2 flute @ a very low RPM (5100) & feed. This keeps the dust from getting blown around. Also I use a product called DragonPlate.
    It's CF sheets laminated to a hard ply wood core. When machined, it looks like the wood and glue mix up with the CF fibers and keep the dust from becoming air borne. For clean up I use a Shop vac with a HEPA filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8120004 [1024x768].JPG  

Cool thread idea. I love the RC stuff! Especially the dual flame thrower... twice as awesome as one.

These parts are from my X3, but used TTS tooling Not as cool as the other stuff posted, buy may give some gift ideas since christmas will be here in no time.

First thing I actually made: plaque for some friends that I cut. Traced in Nicky Haden and their favorite local race track

A thank you coin for my motorcycle mechanic. Their company logo, rotor
    and all.

Christmas ornaments

Modifying some wrong-size clip ons for a buddy

speeder handle for my vises

Wheelchair frame spreader I
    made for a patient recently

The end of this video shows why he needed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUNDRCIgZbA&list=UUQNFF7xG2J4XqpSuhP6ewUA& index=1&feature=plcp]X3 CNC Mill - Wheelchair Spreader - Many ops - YouTube[/ame]

Nice parts so far.

jid2, That flame thrower boat sounds too cool. Hope to see a video when it's finished. Maybe you and Steve could have a on water dual

Gerry, Are the triple clamps so you can fit a modern set of forks and brakes to your Triumph?

Priddy, That coin is too much...very nice. Is that your own design?
    Good video also, I'm always loking for new ways to hold odd shaped parts.

Quote Originally Posted by btu44 View Post
    Nice parts so far.

jid2, That flame thrower boat sounds too cool. Hope to see a video when it's finished. Maybe you and Steve could have a on water dual

Gerry, Are the triple clamps so you can fit a modern set of forks and brakes to your Triumph?

Priddy, That coin is too much...very nice. Is that your own design?
    Good video also, I'm always loking for new ways to hold odd shaped parts.
    Thanks. The design was from a 2D JPEG I copied from their website, traced in Solidworks then programmed 2.5D with the M raised off the rotor, the box above that. Pretty fun using a 1/64" EM on a free part. LOL

Had to use an engraver to spot drill for all the holes in the rotor since the drill bit was smaller than the web on my spot drill

Trial run of death barge. Needs some tweaking, but the basic concept is there - 15 to 20 ft range.

PM-45 CNC conversion built/run/sold.

bwahahaha! THAT IS COOL

Nice...I might modify your ideas for some xmas gifts. What is the do you know what that material is called (the one with the black cover but white underneath)?

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANJiowa View Post
    Nice...I might modify your ideas for some xmas gifts. What is the do you know what that material is called (the one with the black cover but white underneath)?
    One brand name is "Gravograph."
    The general name is "engraving plastic"

Frederic

This is my none profit. but worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E-71 004.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-4renegade View Post
    This is my none profit. but worth it.
    That is really freaking cool! A toy and a work of art

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Bord View Post
    That is really freaking cool! A toy and a work of art

David
    Thank you. The first pic was a truck for a kid with cancer. I end up giveing most of these trucks away. Fun to build, Now I got the Tormach to make the wheels look more real, and making some of the parts. Every truck is diffrent. Each truck has walking rear tandums, working winch, also has a second wench in bed for the pulls string to pull the toy then wind it back up. All metal parts are food grade stainless, Has a dollar coin imbeded into truck. Food grade and waterproof glue, And all the wood is scraps from pallets or wood shops. I do test them, 2 miles behind a bike on the tar, 20 MPH into a brick wall. Down a flight of stairs, dropped of tables. For little kids, strings are shorter, less little parts ect, bigger kids, I add a few more parts like this truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 011.jpg   019.jpg  

This made me realize I need to take more pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beretta DS1.jpg   IMG_0020.jpg   Beretta PS1.jpg   IMG_0221.jpg  

IMG_0224.jpg  

1/2 inch cubed dice. I give away many sets as gifts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dice.jpg  

Still a work in progress

Very cool man....

Quote Originally Posted by Nephi View Post
    1/2 inch cubed dice. I give away many sets as gifts.
    Those are some seriously cool dice. Might have to make some of those at some point. Thanks for sharing. peace

Pete

This is really cool too.....

Quote Originally Posted by twocik View Post
    Still a work in progress

Er um what the hell is it? hehehe peace

Pete

Page 1 of 3 123