586,912 active members*
3,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Let see those hobby / not for profit parts.
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    Yes, Click, Click and downloading constantly in the background.
    I've got where I rarely visit here anymore, traffic is down and the ads are pretty intrusive. You can tell the site's popularity has been going downhill over the last 6 months. Not sure why? Nobody minds some ads, but sometimes it's just crossing the line.

Richard
    I have noticed that the activity is down, I figured it was summertime, vacations etc.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by mayhugh1 View Post
    By the way, is it just me or are others constantly getting annoying audible 'clicks' from their computers while viewing cnczone. I'm sure it is coming from all the ads that are trying to download, but it drives me so crazy that I seldom come here anymore. I've tried adjusting the settings on my various popup blockers to remove the sound but I just can't seem to get rid of it. While making this post I've counted 11 of these. I can't stand it anymore... I got to get out of here.
    I only put in the earbuds if something is really great, or funny. Computers, especially connected to the internet, with sound on all the time are very annoying. Surf in silence.

Jim

On my pc at work I can see lots of activity in my status line, across the bottom of the screen, but no sound, even though the sound for normal stuff is still on. So there must be some way to turn it off or block it.

Phil

By the way, is it just me or are others constantly getting annoying audible 'clicks' from their computers while viewing cnczone.

[quote=mayhugh1;1140597]I posted some photos of my progress on my 9 cylinder radial engine project over on the Tormach Yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tormac...90924/pic/list[/QUOTE

Nice job on the radial engine. You sure have made some nice models over the past few years.

By the way, is it just me or are others constantly getting annoying audible 'clicks' from their computers while viewing cnczone. I'm sure it is coming from all the ads that are trying to download, but it drives me so crazy that I seldom come here anymore. I've tried adjusting the settings on my various popup blockers to remove the sound but I just can't seem to get rid of it. While making this post I've counted 11 of these. I can't stand it anymore... I got to get out of here.
    I don't get any "clicks" at work or at home, but the site does slow to a crawl far too often, especially at work. I suspect that it has something to do with ad-blockers on the work PC, though it could just be the time of day.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    On my pc at work I can see lots of activity in my status line, across the bottom of the screen, but no sound, even though the sound for normal stuff is still on. So there must be some way to turn it off or block it.
    Install NoScript. It lets you pick and choose which scripts are allowed to run. It can make browsing a pain sometimes, when you go to a new site and have to figure out which scripts are needed and which are not. But once you have it dialed in, it works very nicely. For instance, for the Zone, I only allow four domains to run scripts. The site works fine, and a lot of the spyware and data mining is blocked from running.

Frederic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6662 (2).jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	163631

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6664.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	163632

Spindle light, the most expensive thing was the magnet ha!

Wooden box, made from a 2 x 4 cutoff with the rectangular pocketing wizard, these boxes are handy and cheap.............
    mike sr

>>By the way, is it just me or are others constantly getting annoying audible 'clicks' from their computers while viewing cnczone. I'm sure it is coming from all the ads that are trying to download, but it drives me so crazy that I seldom come here anymore. I've tried adjusting the settings on my various popup blockers to remove the sound but I just can't seem to get rid of it. While making this post I've counted 11 of these. I can't stand it anymore... I got to get out of here. <<

One of their banner advertisements now says that for a $20 monthly subscription fee they will limit the advertisements. :>)

Model single disc hybrid steam turbine w/ code

New Article on this model low pressure hybrid steam turbine is available via Steamboating Magazine, May/June 2012 issue.
    Click steamboats
    and scroll down to "Steam Happens #22: A Model Steam Turbine Evolves" for an article "appendix" with basic information. CNC G-code and .dwg drawings available via download on the site.

If you have access to a CNC mill (xyz axis) and wish to make a turbine for yourself I will email you a .pdf copy of the article PROVIDED you keep me informed of your progress via email and this forum. I'm looking for some electronics advice and general chat on single disc model turbines. Email a request for the .pdf article to [email protected] and provide me with your name, street address, and phone. . . Bilge Rat

Page 3 of 3 123