586,072 active members*
4,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Buying from China, what are the Shipping/customs/FCC/brokerage fees

Buying from China, what are the Shipping/customs/FCC/brokerage fees

Having these large machines shipped from China by sea is probably the least expensive way to get the machines over to the US, and I am wondering what are the typical fees that need to be paid, and what is the typical amount?

Duties:
    FCC:
    Brokerage:
    Forwarder (port to your destination address):

I know the last item will depend on the size of the machine and distance, getting some costs together will give buys some ideas.

I saw a few posts listing their cost at around $750, which seems insane to me. If it is that much, it may make more sense to buy from the US-based sellers, and get local support, and much shorter ship time.

Depends on the size too! But I think you'll find shipping within North America is at best 50% of the sea shipping with customs etc, I could easily see what I bought costing more to see overland here, although I am at a port (Vancouver Canada)

Anyways, my costs were under 1k for two 1290 sized machines and a separate crate for the 150w RECI tunes. Sea freight scales much better, as I think one small lmachine would be $500-650 all totaled. Look at EBay for more shipping costs too, just add about 150-200 for clearance and local taxes that might be added upon import.

I see that rabbit laser USA often delivers and setup, so that's great, but you do pay about double for the local resellers. Worthwhile for some, but doubtful shipping is the reason why.