586,103 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC out by a few millimetre

Hopefully this is the right section of the forum to post the below question.

I have a Torchmate CNC which we use with a router for cutting polystyrene foam.

I set the start position at 0 and cut a job, afterwards I tell the machine to go back to the 0 position but it always seems to be out by just a couple of mm.

I have adjusted settings inside the torchmate software such as the direction change delay to a very generous 0.10, this seems to have helped but it is still out.

Does anyone have any idea how I can help prevent this from happening, I'm hoping it is something obvious that I have missed but I do not have much experience in this so am struggling to find a reason for it.

I definitely don't think anything is slipping on the mechanical side, I am rather confident that it will be a setting adjustment in the driver software.

I hope someone can help as I think I may be selling the machine if I cannot get it working correctly which would be a huge shame.

Regards,

Dan.

There is a Torchmate forum a little ways down from this one. You're probably better off asking the question there.

Mark