586,051 active members*
3,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > run lc 30 with open chuck

run lc 30 with open chuck

I need to run my lc 30 with the chuck open. I am holding the work piece by the inside 2" diameter hole. Can I switch the hydraulic lines to the chuck and reposition the proximity switches? Is there a g or m code?
    Thanks

Do you mean you need to run the spindle while gripping a part on the ID with the chuck?

Yes, that is what I need to do.

A different model I used had a key switch to swap from ID chucking to OD chucking.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I do not recall specifically for the Okuma. Some machines have a key switch or toggle switch on the control panel for reversing the clamping direction. On the Okuma, you would still need to adjust the proximity switches at the draw tube actuator. I think I recall that you have to go to one of the set up pages to change from OD to ID clamping.

Since you didnt include what control is on it...
    OSP5000 would have a key switch for Id/OD chucking
    A OSP 5020 would be a parameter for ID/OD, same page you turn on/off the tailstock.

A OSP 5000 would also have a key switch marked air/hydraulic chucking. On air, the Hydraulic chucking still works, but ignores the switches. You still need to set it for ID chucking.

the ocuma has a osp 5000l-g controller. There is no keyswitch, at least not on the front panel. In order to run the machine I switched the hydraulic hoses and moved the proximity switches. There has to be a better way. I have to switch it every other day.

Yes, in a parameter page. I'm not in front of one right now, but it's real easy to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by martin269 View Post
    the ocuma has a osp 5000l-g controller. There is no keyswitch, at least not on the front panel. In order to run the machine I switched the hydraulic hoses and moved the proximity switches. There has to be a better way. I have to switch it every other day.
    Wow. You were desperate. Did you desperately check the manual? Did you desperately press the settings key and page through to fine the clamping direction setting?

It takes 5 minutes to change the hydraulic hoses and 3 more to change the proximity switches. I cant beleave okuma does not have a instruction in there operating or programming manual that is simple to find out how to change the inside or outside running of the chuck. I have not found a parameter to change. I only took me 5 minutes to understand how to change the tool offset and that u have to go to the left .03125 when setting z in order to run the correct offset. I dont know y they do it that way, But I do it till I find a better way. Thanks for your help.

Hi!
    I use Okuma LC20 with 2 turrets, OSP5000LG and I have the same problem with chuck (I need outside running of the chuck, to put chuck into "hole" of the detail).
    Can you give me some instruction (with photo).
    Next week I will get LC30 with OSP5000 and the problem will stay.