586,035 active members*
3,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What is the 2040 (Tom E)?

There are none of the 991H left so what is the 2040? is it a replacement for the step/direction to +/- 10V
    If so when will they be avail; if the lead is too long I'll have to pop for 2 more Acceus drives

The website says the US store still has R991H's.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

nope they are out
    Thats why there is no box for the number needed

Sorry, I only saw the "in stock", and didn't see that the box wasn't there.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gentlemen,

Last night, I talked with Vladimir about the pressing need for the R991 or its equivalent. There is always a steady demand for this circuit board, and this demand is growing.

I asked Vladimir if he could get a short run, and he said that he already has the R2040 prototype working and that his first non-production run of maybe 10 drives will be available in mid-January. Then he will do a full production run.

The R2040 will offer not only +-10 volt analog output, but also 0 to + 10 vdc output for controlling VFD's etc. While they do not work as nicely as a real servo drive, they will be able to control the position of the motor.

He also said he could scrounge together a few (maybe 5) of the R991H drives for those with very pressing needs. They would be shipped directly from Australia.

So, gentlemen, that's the latest report on the analog drives.

This year Rutex has upgraded the R990H, the R90H, the R992 and finally now the R991 to the 2000 series. We have also added the opto-isolated board. The first batch of them has been sold, and I expect more will go into production soon if they are not already at the factory. I forgot to ask about them last night.

There is only one more board that needs upgrading... the relay board/I/O board. That is in the design stage, but it is on the way.

It has all taken longer than we would have liked it to, but we are making progress. Hopefully in the coming months the upgrade to windows operating system will be finished for the multi-axis spi and serial protocol for both the R2000 series and the plasma control (R510b). That will complete the R2000 system upgrade, and provide a full line of low cost/high power/ high speed servo drives.

Thank you for your continued interest in our products and for your patience.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

Tom, I didn't see the 2040 on the Rutex website. Is this the same thing as the 2030? When is the 2030 due to arrive?

Tom,

you mentioned:

The R2040 will offer not only +-10 volt analog output, but also 0 to + 10 vdc output for controlling VFD's etc. While they do not work as nicely as a real servo drive, they will be able to control the position of the motor.

What did you mean when by this?

Gentlemen,

Vladimir told me last night that he has 16 of the R2040's ready to ship to me this week. FINALLY. These were individually assembled by hand, and tested by Vladimir.

After their performance is proven in the field a little while, he will run a full production run of them.

I wrote "they do not work as nicely as a real servo drive, they will be able to control the position of the motor."

What I meant by this is that when one uses a VFD to control an AC motor, in my limited experience, it is hard to get the VFD/motor to respond as quickly as a servo drive and DC motor can be tuned, although the Rutex R2040/ VFD / motor combination will position the motor, albeit a little slower than the drive /motor setup.

Maybe some VFD's can be tuned to respond quickly, but I do not have the experience to say that they can.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

So Tom you are saying that you can use a vfd to control a brushless servo with encoder or a plain 3phase induction motor with encoder? Very interesting.

The R2040 should be able to control a plain 3 phase induction motor with an encoder based on the limited info I have on the drive now. I, like the rest of you am waiting for the documentation. As I said,I don't expect it will be snappy like a normal DC servo drive and servo motor, but I have seen a similar application where a similar setup was used to index a lathe spindle to drill spoke holes for motor cycle rims. When the motor positioned the spindle, the lathe applied a braking system to keep the position stable while the drilling was done.

Someone else asked whether the R2030's (for brushless motors with hall commutator feed back) are in stock. I have a few in stock right now. I have sold a lot of them this spring and only have good feed back on them, with one drive failure. I don't know why it failed, but we replaced it under warrantee as usual. I haven't heard when I can expect more once the present stock is depleted. Vladimir is trying to get several different drives into production right now.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

Tom,

I now see this tread.
    I have a bit of mail contact with you the last days.

I see you write the R2040 will not as smoots as normal servodrives with AC motors and VFD control.

I wil order the R2040 drivers as soon i have seen some testing results and documentation. Otherwise i don't know what i can aspect.

But anyway, i will use the R2040 drives in an old Elcede Flatbed plotter. This machine uses expensive DC servo's with Heidenhain encoders and Tacho's on the motors. I will use the Seidel servo amplifiers with tacho communication.

This amplifiers uses the +/-10 volt import from the drivers. These drivers will bee the Rutex R2040 in my case.

What can you say about the smoothnes of the rutex drives in this application?
    What will be a better chouse? The Analog R2040 +/-10 volt drivers, ore other normal servodrives with amplifiers in it (olso from rutex)?

Thanks!

I hope there will be documentation and info behind this R2040 be chuick on the net.

R2040 smoothness

Smoothness of the R2040?

We will just have to wait and see how it does. I have no experienc with it. Its predessor, the R991H worked for most machine applications I am aware of, however, I can remember one or two, where the user believed that it was not smooth enough for their high precision applications.

I would say that a straightforward servo drive/motor might be better, but I really don't know how the R2040 is programmed. I believe it will have greater resolution than the R991h did, but I don't know.

Cheers,

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

@Tom Eldredge,

How is it going with the Rutex R2040 Driver?

Are you guys anything farther?

I've been mailing with Rutex in Australie, but no response.

Greets!

R2040 progress

Harmpy35,

Last night I had a conversation with Vladimir in Australia about the R2040 drives. He had finished up the assembly of 16 drives before he was unexpectedly called on a trip to Eastern Europe. Returning, he has tested the drives and has decided that the output has too much drift in it, so we are delayed on that product for now.

I will keep you posted.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC