586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Probe help please

I finally found the probe that came with our dmg 50 today and installed new batteries it lights up then does its initial start up when I place batteries then quits flashing. I tried calibrating probe it it alarms out stating probe deflection but probe never turns on at any point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you tested, if the communication between probe and receiverdose is ok. I think you have something like Renishaw MP10 12 or similiar. You can test, if the probe works, if you use remote control from TV, DVD-Player or other IR-controlled parts. If you press any button, the ready-led on the probe must work.

On my machine from Deckel, the receiverdose was installed but not connected, so it can't work.

Probe is an omp60. Reciever in my machine is a omi-2t. I tried a remote and cant get anything to light up

Right and left of the IR eye is a small LED who shows which of the 2 possible probes are in use. The 5 LEDs below say which function is active.
    If you go to the renishaw website, you can download the manual of the OMI, in there is each LED explained.

well i have the last three lit up in red, im working on figuring it out. is there a comman you have to use to start up probe on a dmg or will it automatically pick it up once its in spindle?

No, in the manual is written, that you can only switch it on with a M-command from the control. Normally you have the probe always in a definite Pocket of the toolchanger, ie 9. If you have the Software installed and the control changes to Tool 9 the probe will switched on after the change is done. Dependent of the Control, you can look, whats in the cycle. But I know only the Siemens 8x0D, in USA its probably a fanuc control I don't know anything.