586,635 active members*
2,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > NEED ADVICE looking to buy DECKEL FP4A, FP4AB Mills

NEED ADVICE looking to buy DECKEL FP4A, FP4AB Mills

Hello everyone,

Today i came across two Deckel FP4A models and in talks with the machine dealer. Want to convert it to cnc using K-Flop and K-stepper along with 4Nm-6Nm Bi-Polar motors.Please see the attached pictures of the mills, they look to be in bad shape, the electronics are missing no servo motors, pulleys etc etc missing...........can these be restored or get one running from the two unit ? are these beyond repair please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0794.jpg   IMG_0793.jpg   IMG_0792.jpg   IMG_0791.jpg  

IMG_0790.jpg   IMG_0789.jpg  

some more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0788.jpg   IMG_0787.jpg   IMG_0786.jpg   IMG_0785.jpg  

IMG_0784.jpg  

Sorry, these machines are scrap. Save your money for a useable machine.
    If you have a machine of these type and need a sparepart, than you can ask the seller, but if you must rework these ruines, you need months and don't even have a complete machine.

Red face

hi

well these are just the bear machines, provided these can be rebuilt ( ball screws, guide ways and spindle) to functioning spec. I can add servo motors or larges stepper motors and use Dynomotion's K-Flop motion controller (which i have) and get a working cnc.

the reason i started this thread is if someone with experience on deckel systems and in general on machine restoration comment on the work involved :argue:

but if you must rework these ruines, you need months
    yes 3 to 4 months provided every thing goes well without a hitch. But this is the only option i got and i'm still looking for a functional machine, finding this itself took couple of months....

guys help

sahil

For a working machine you need much more, the servomotors, the drives for the motors, the spindle motor, all of the proximity and mechanical switches, All the cables, xformers and so on. If I see the ballspindles, I fear they are dead. You must buy new ones, they will be more expensive, as you watch Ebay for an old centre with removed control cabinet.
    I have often found machines in a good condition, without motors for less than 3k$.

With the actual offer a used Emco centre (360470191956) for 3500$, you get a machine in working condition. I'm sure you must pay more for the missing part than this.

yes you are right, i all ready have omron limit switches, 1HP spindle motor/drive, stepper motor drives 4-axis (250watt capable on each axis). Even i'm worried about the ballscrew and the spindle unit. yes an old small size machine center or NC machine is what i'm looking for may be i should search harder.

With 1hp Spindle motor you can drive a small drill press but not such a big milling machine.
    And if I look at your 2nd pic, the motor has at least 2kw, maybe more. With a steppermotor, you can't use the machine with feeds that are good for your tools.