586,072 active members*
4,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need help with PC Parameters on a Fanuc 6M
Page 1 of 3 123

Need help with PC Parameters on a Fanuc 6M

We are using a Fanuc 6M on our Weidemann Centrum 1000 turret punch. When trying to load a DNC software program we lost the parameters. Our backup is on tape. The tape reader is not functioning. We bought this machine about a year ago and had no need for the tape reader until now. Can anyone tell me where I can get the parameters???? Help.

I have them for a Fanuc 0P, but that will not do you much good, you should be able to get them from Weidemann, hopefully in hardcopy format as you will have to load them by hand, unless you can get the RS232 hooked up.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Parameters for you

I think that this file uploaded. This should help you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Do you have the NC parameters

Please if you have can i have the NC parameters

You can just click on the zip file and save it to your pc?

Smile I need the NC parameters

Yes I downloaded the Zip that you've posted before.
    Those are having just the options, not the NC parameters for that CNC (Centrum 1000) do have that CNC's parameter set. the once containing some values in 0-9999 addresses!!!? :cheers:

this is all happening because, I dont know hoe to put the parameters using the tape reader, nor i dont exactly know the serviceble condition of the tape reader unit.
    any how if you know how to, insert the parameters using the tape reader, pls let me know. :cheers:

You said that your paper tape reader was not working. Did you check the SETTING page for the bit marked "INPUT DEVICE 2" ?. If that bit is a "1" then the serial port tries to read when you press the READ button. If this bit is set to "0", then the paper tape reader starts instead. Be sure this bit is set to "0" or your tape reader wont' work.

Smile Thanks Dan

I'm new to these CNC stuff, for my luck the machine broke down right after one week of its installation. I think the settings option you are talking about is achieved, by pressing the Settings button.
    I'll see about the Input device 2 and see.... we have a small machine that is fitted to the serial port (you know it acts as a programme sender and reciever) and if I ready a programme in that, and press "read" in the NC the programme is sent. so I'm guessing that the BIT is set to "1".
    if im to change it do i need to set "PARAMETER WRITE" to ENABLE?
    Is it possible then for me to load the paramaters through the Serial port? or back it up?
    I have the NC parameters on paper tape with me and its date is marked as 1984 so i'm a bit afraid to do much with it. Anyway, the Machines CRTC/PUNCH card is down, so I'm waiting till we get the other one!!
    One small question, I have a GRAPH/PUNCH card with me, before the breakdown it worked fine with my 9" CRT, but now the thing is giving trouble, Arrow marks appear and goes, the text is shown on-top one another, the NOT READY alarm blinks everywhere in the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Any Idea?

Alarms comes in

I did load parameters!! but now a alarm comes in

417 X SERVO
    ny reasons?

Check the servo parameters and enter them by hand if neccessary.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'm having the FANUC 6L servo for X-axis, do you know the address to look and the params if you have
    Thanks

I am guessing you do not have the NC manuals right?

Just the machine

Just the machine, no manuals, thats y I'm lost!!
    Pls help!!

Is tool radius comp parameter controlled??

Hi, I am new to this forum, and this is my first posting.

I just purchased an early 80's Okuma Howa 4VA and cannot locate the tool radius comp page. In the offset pages I have 99 length offsets and no place occurs to me to place a "D" word offset for g41 or g42.

Could it be that the previous owner had this turned off by parameter setting?? And if so how do I turn it back on again?

Also any other help with parameters , and wich ones do what, and where to find the parameter change switch would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yea, the control is fanuc 6M series 11 version 9 , or series 9 version 11, I will clarify this today around lunch time.

Thanks!

I have never seen a 6M with seperate radius comp offsets? I have always used a tool offset set for diameter. Example; tool 1 I would program a "D" offset approach move and set the offset number higher than the amount of tools used. "H01, D30". This will work. Good luck with finding a radius comp I have a list of options and will chaeck and see if they do radius or diameter, but I always used diameter.

Thanks, I will try again, but everytime I try to enter a value it doesnt work. I have tried the mode selection switch in all positions...Nothing. All I can get to work is the Z-Input for length offsets. Also, cant seem to figure-out how to get upper-lower case switching for the keys?

Here are the numbers for my control...System 6M, Series 901, Vers. 11.

ANY help is appreciated!
    Thanks!

Thanks! I tried the idea, and i think that the offsets can be put anywhere. But the only way I can set them is by Going MDI and using G10_P_R_ Enter Start.
    I thought it would then be convenient to place all the G10 commands @ the front of the program, but all that accomplished was an addition of the G10 programmed value every time it was read..... Result was of course a huge offset number. Tommorow will try a few ideas, but at least I got it to work!

THANKS!

Did you cancel everything before reading the G10's. I use this line before the G10's "G0 G90 G80 G40 G17" this should cancel everythig in cue. Try this and then input the G10 line. What is your G10 line format? I forget how I used to input the offsets in a 6m, I think it is "1234"input?

Any help!!!
    My machines 417 is still on and in the PC parameters is the last parameter as 4998 which is having a value about " 00 00" Please help, whats this mean and I know the Servo parameteres should be in 81XX addresses....... but mines finish at 4998?????
    I loaded the Original NC parameters from TAPE, but I believe no PC paramters. I had to change the GRAPH/PUNCH card which was installed because of a malfunction, and replaced with a CRTC/PUNCH card. this card doesnt show ALARMS nor I could goto IL MODE??????????

See the pics, pls help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC PARAM last.jpg   PC PARAM P1.jpg   ALARM Screen.jpg  

p then (data) then input for dia offset and for parameter

Page 1 of 3 123