I have been searching the web for several hours, looking at many web sites, postings here and Youtube videos and I have not found exctly what I am looking for.

Presently, I am controlling the motor speed of my Bosch colt with a simple Harbor freight motor speed control.
Router Speed Control

I got rid of the soft start circuit in the Bosch and wired the motor direct to the power cord so that the motor control above could work properly. It works just fine, but you loose torque at low speeds.

The Super-PID looks to be the perfect solution, but dropping one into the shopping cart results in a $175 charge. Ouch!
www.SuperPID.com - Super-PID Closed-loop Router Speed Controller

The use of a sensor on the motor shaft to provide feedback to the motor controller seems to be the only way to go to get proper motor control at low speeds and still maintain some torque.

I would be interested in a DIY Arduino type project but have been unable to find any project sites that explain the process completely.

I already know about this post on the forum, which was of little help. Not any build info, just pics and some program files.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open_s...duino_pid.html

Does anyone know of a Arduino (or other similar board) DIY source that actually has a BOM and good instructions with good images?

The computer programming is not a problem and the scratch building is not a problem, I have all those skills.

Just need some good guidance as to which parts are needed/ detailed build info.

Thanks