586,103 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

kmb 1x problem!

Hi i have a kMB 1X and it has just started to give issues!.When starting the operation/program the spindle will spin and will move in xy and z to start point then the spindle just spins and the xyz axis freezes.Also if you try to move any of the axis in operate mode rapid it will only move in one direction ,to get it to move again you have to press operate again and again if you want to move it back.Normally you can access the axis required and pess + and it will move then - and it will move.But after one press you need to press operate again!!!.It also is making buzzing sounds from the xyz motors and machine bed feels rough when moving in x and y and also z spindle(up/down).I have had this fault before and just left the machine and went on holiday.On my return all worked fine again,untill now.I really need to find the source of the problem!
    Can anyone advise me on this issue?????.Would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Hi i have a kMB 1X and it has just started to give issues!.When starting the operation/program the spindle will spin and will move in xy and z to start point then the spindle just spins and the xyz axis freezes.Also if you try to move any of the axis in operate mode rapid it will only move in one direction ,to get it to move again you have to press operate again and again if you want to move it back.Normally you can access the axis required and pess + and it will move then - and it will move.But after one press you need to press operate again!!!.It also is making buzzing sounds from the xyz motors and machine bed feels rough when moving in x and y and also z spindle(up/down).I have had this fault before and just left the machine and went on holiday.On my return all worked fine again,untill now.I really need to find the source of the problem!
    Can anyone advise me on this issue?????.Would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Since it is all three axis, I would say it is likely a problem with the drive bards or power supply. Have you tried calling Buddy? Hurco Mill - Autobend, Parts Service Sales Repair INDEX He is very very good at fixing these machines.

God bless...
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by m_mcgranahan View Post
    Hi,

Since it is all three axis, I would say it is likely a problem with the drive bards or power supply. Have you tried calling Buddy? Hurco Mill - Autobend, Parts Service Sales Repair INDEX He is very very good at fixing these machines.

God bless...
    Mark
    Cheers Mark!