586,481 active members*
2,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Newbie looking for a suitable CNC table router

Newbie looking for a suitable CNC table router

Hey guy I just signed up to this wonderful site while doing some homework looking for a table router. Finding this site was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I make custom intake and exhaust manifolds from home for a bit of cash on the side. I get many of my flange plates locally cut. I am looking of a nc table router that is capable of cutting 12mm steel plate. I'm am really going to be using it as a profile cutter.

I don't have endless funds, maybe around the $3000-4000aus dollars. Any help and information on suitable machines would be great.

Thanks in advance.

You might be better off with a cnc plasma, a router wont do steel plate, and a large enough turn key cnc mill may be outside of your budget.

If you already have a plasma cutter a table for it is not hard to make, much easier than a router and cheaper than converting a mill to cnc.

welcome to the zone

Dylan

Thanks for the reply.

One of my options was to build a nc plasma cutter. The problem I have with that will be the amount of time and research it would take to build it. Trying to find a decent controller/motors etc. I would not even know where to start. I have been looking through the net trying to find something suited but there only seems to be two scale types, extra large $20k plus and small hobbie type that are not suited to my needs. If I could find a nc plasma with say a 1m table for a decent price I would snap it up.