586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 3d STL error opening

3d STL error opening

Hi all,
    I was working on a model and everything was fine and opening. Then I re-opened a file and tried to make g-code. It said error could not open and it says error producing solid face. Here is an example part. Does it open for you, when you open from toolpath, surface, then select CAD as y, and then any toolpath and then open it.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What I'm trying to say is that it opens fine sometimes while not fine at others.
    Thanks.

It opens fine for me

hmmm, it seems that sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I restart my computer do the exact same thing, it works, then try again and it doesn't. Not sure what the problem is.
    Thanks though.

is this in V9 or VX?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

In V9 it seems to only work once in a while.
    Thanks.

I was asking as VX seems to support it better.
    Are you running Just V9 or say V9.1sp2 or later being Maintance releases? There had been some updates on this issue.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .