586,263 active members*
3,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Haas or Mori

Haas or Mori

Which would you prefer and why:
    A MORI SEIKI Duravertical 1035 or a Hass VF3 both with the same options.
    4th axis ready and included in purchase
    Cost difference $18,000.00

Tough question. I like haas, but love mori. Personally, I like the mapps control much better on the mori, however...
    Thats a "Eco" dura, not the original dura center, like a dura 5100. Still has a 2 year warranty but I'm 90% sure that's a Chinese made mori, out of the china DMG plant. I know they still use mori Japan screws and spindles/guides, but I'm not sold on the outsourcing yet. I have not had the chance to pound on one yet to see how they cut. The exchange rate is really bad right now as well.

Oh, and is that 4th one of the mori dds 4th axis or a standard one? The mori dds 4th is awesome.

What/how much/how fast are you cutting? How much material are you removing? What options are you looking at?

How is the service in your area? How long would it take to get parts?

What is the lead time for each? Can you wait?
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

4th axis for the Mori is a DDRT -200. The Mori is probe ready without the probe the Haas comes with the probe. Dealer has come down on the price of the Hass $104,930.00 while the Mori is $126,290.00 support is within 1 hour for either, parts unless not dealer stocked should be a minimal wait.

The ddrt is a lot of the price difference. That is an awesome 4th axis. I can say mori and haas are equally as good with parts availability, and mori does have a guarantee about parts being in stock. Service varies on both from area to area. Historically, mori builds a tougher, better put together machine, but like I said I will not attest to the new Eco machines till I get to beat on one.

What/how much/how fast are you cutting? How much material are you removing? What options are you looking at?

How is the service in your area? How long would it take to get parts?

What is the lead time for each? Can you wait?

The machine will be cutting Titainium light cuts .015-.025 cuts for roughing passes.
    Suface footage will be in the 250-400 range (currently used) with the high speed maching formula square root of diameter over width of cut times CLPT for the chip load.
    Breaks over, gotta go

Anyone get a chance to beat up on a duravertical 1035 eco as yet. Trying to decide on the best bang for the buck in a new 3-axis machine (unless i can talk the boss in a 5er)

Marino

I know this is an old post. (but if anyone wants to know)

We have two DMG / Mori 1035 eco machines. They have failed numerous times, for several different issues. The 4th DDRT has had some issues with coolant leaking into the wiring. We are cutting cast with these units. The Maruka Tech. tells us they are for aluminum and plastics mainly. They have been the most troublesome machines we have purchased in a long while. Even the control has some quirky problems with the punch/read function to a usb.

Taking a .025 depth cut with a 4" Diameter face mill (7 inserts) running S621 at F65 will stall the spindle dead. Yeah, I know it's .015 chipload at 650SFM. We are using a Sumitomo head and correct inserts for the application.

I would not even consider these units again, for 50% of what I paid.
    "Plan your work; Work your plan"

not surprised really, thats why i warn anyone to not buy the DMG built machines, only the Mori built ones.

Sent from my Quantum using Tapatalk

Mori is not that bad. They can make it interesting.