586,103 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Line or cross hair laser alignment

Line or cross hair laser alignment

does anyone know of a place I can purchase a line or crosshair alignment pointer that I can easily mount in the spindle of my CNC router? I am looking for something that is battery operated and cableless. I found some but they are a little pricey. I was hoping to find something under $100.00 if possible

Thanks,

Dale

Check out deal extreme, aixiz.net or ebay for a laser module and lens. Btw you can tape a 3v battery some modules and it seems to work fine.

use-enco.com
    shars.com

I purchased an add laser light for a circular saw from Harbor Freight and disassembled it to the needed components. I took out the line lens and it works fine for a rough indication. Got me where I needed to go for less than 10 bucks.
    Not the best but, oh well, what can I say.
    B
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by dkrenfrow View Post
    does anyone know of a place I can purchase a line or crosshair alignment pointer that I can easily mount in the spindle of my CNC router? I am looking for something that is battery operated and cableless. I found some but they are a little pricey. I was hoping to find something under $100.00 if possible

Thanks,

Dale
    It would be fine to get an alignment laser from a specialized laser supplier. Usually you can get a cheaper laser from China. Good luck, guy!

Wondering if you got your answer

I just bought a Cross Hair laser last night. I think it was around 12 buck all in.
    No clue how I am going to mount it, but I thought it would make for an itneresting puzzle

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AixiZ-Aluminum-Mount-Diameter-Modules/dp/B005FSWU5U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_4"]Amazon.com: AixiZ Aluminum Mount for 12mm Diameter Laser Modules: Everything Else[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aixiz-405nm-cross-laser-module/dp/B005Z50C2G/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp]Amazon.com: Aixiz 405nm 5mw cross laser module: Everything Else[/ame]
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

thanks

I already have one, but thank you.