586,035 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 300LM select main spindle

Puma 300LM select main spindle

Hi All,

We have a Puma 300LM CNC lathe. the other day I decided to press the C-Spindle button and the light changed from main spindle to C-Spindle now is I press the main spindle button the light flashes on the Main spindle button but it will not change to the main spindle and I cannot now do a tool change or anything.

What control does it have?

The fact that it's in C-axis mode shouldn't stop it from indexing. Reference return the machine, then in JOG mode, select a new tool and press the index button. The rev-tool will orient then the turret should index.

You might try to MDI in a M34 to turn off C-axis mode. Make sure the chuck is clamped.

Hi,

The machine has a Fanuc 18i control. if I restart the machine the main spindle lights up but the moment I try and select a tool and press the index button (after I have referenced the machine) the light changes to the C spindle.

I will try the M34 code and see what happens. The user cannot find the operating manual.

There is an air operated cylinder activating a shot pin for the live tool driving mechanism in orient position. Once in C-axis mode the machine will try to re-orient the live tool drive shaft before every turret indexing and also before returning to main spindle mode. The orientation will not be accepted as complete until the shot pin is in. This is monitored with a proximity switch.
    You could have incorrect orientation position(P4077), broken belt, bad prox switch, missing air pressure. Remove the right side turret covers and it will show clearly what's happening or rather what's not.

Hi lajosgy,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like you know what you are talking about.

We were having a problem with the turret before that when we select the tool, the tool would rotate to the desired tool, but it would not complete the process and come up with the error that the change did not complete within 20 seconds. I was suspecting this pin with the proximity is not working. but I pressed the C axis button before I could try rotate the turret to confirm that the pin was working. I tested the proximity and that is fine. I do not have any manuals on the machine so I do not know how the pin is supposed to work.

I suspect that when the turret is locked the the pin should extend and activate the proximity. Am I right in what I am saying?