586,082 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC PLASMA TRIES TO DRIVE HEAD THROUGH METAL

First of all, thanks in advance for any help that you can be. I just purchased this machine and I'm feeling pretty dumb right now; can't make it work right, lol.

I have a 4x8 PLASMAROUTE CNC table, with DHTC from CandCNC, Blaze model E UBOB II. I cut out the first item with no problem at all, now when it goes to pierce, the head moves down to check its position (i have it on medium, but have tried other two settings), it tries to drive the torch head through the metal and I have to hit stop in MACH3 or it just ratchets and keeps trying to push it down. I thought this head was supposed to automatically sense metal position and go up... I don't even know what to check to begin fixing this problem. I can use page up page down, left, right, up arrow/down arrow to move it around fine, I can manually fire the torch, everything seems to be working pretty well except that it wants to go through the metal on my table and keep going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I really want to get this expensive toy going...

Contact PlasmaRoute if they are the ones that sold you the machine....likely it is just a setup parameter that is not correct.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by VERSIUS View Post
    First of all, thanks in advance for any help that you can be. I just purchased this machine and I'm feeling pretty dumb right now; can't make it work right, lol.

I have a 4x8 PLASMAROUTE CNC table, with DHTC from CandCNC, Blaze model E UBOB II. I cut out the first item with no problem at all, now when it goes to pierce, the head moves down to check its position (i have it on medium, but have tried other two settings), it tries to drive the torch head through the metal and I have to hit stop in MACH3 or it just ratchets and keeps trying to push it down. I thought this head was supposed to automatically sense metal position and go up... I don't even know what to check to begin fixing this problem. I can use page up page down, left, right, up arrow/down arrow to move it around fine, I can manually fire the torch, everything seems to be working pretty well except that it wants to go through the metal on my table and keep going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I really want to get this expensive toy going...

It turned out to be that the two wires going to the THC were pulled just slightly loose; they looked like they were still connected, but weren't. Dunce Hat time, lol. Thank you for the reply though.

Look :: CNC4PC :: iNtRo for Capacitive Height Controller solve your problem,
    torch never dives with it. Also it can be used with your THC or as a THC for plasma and oxy.

Can

Quote Originally Posted by VERSIUS View Post