586,455 active members*
3,422 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM Pro latest version?

SprutCAM Pro latest version?

Can someone tell what is the full build number of the latest release version of SprutCAM Pro 7? And where I can download it? I've got V7.1.6 - 56315. But it seems to be pretty buggy; I'm thinking it's a interim build version, not release.

It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Looks like the current download is Ver. 7 Build 1.6 Rev. 56978

What bugs are you experiencing? I have read here that most of the current updates are geared towards 4 and 5 axis enhancements and that not much has changed for the 3 axis parts of the software over the last half dozen or so rev. versions.

Sometimes what might be a bug for you is just video card issues... you need a pretty good video card to run the simulation smoothly and sometimes you just need to save your project and close and re-open SC to refresh.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Thanks, guys. I'm downloading it now.
    Bugs:
    First off, I'm running this on a Mac in a virtual environment on an eval copy of Windows 8. It's a 3Ghz - Core 2 Duo machine, 4GB mem, nvidia GT 120 - 256mb. So it should be enough. The graphics processor is probably old by current standards. I'm allocating all 256mb to the virtual environment, and have 3D acceleration enabled. MacOS distributes time allocation on a thread level, not a process level so it runs at almost full speed.

1. I can't seem to get the simulation to show real time material removal. It shows the cutter going into the workpiece but not the material being cut away. It does show the result after the operation. This could be because there isn't enough video horsepower.

2. I've written 'desktop' software for 30 years, the tool editing window needs work IMO. It doesn't seem to retain tool numbers; I have to reedit these, even if I select from the 'Used' tab. If you select a tool from the 'Used' tab, should it also carry over feeds and speeds (but not other attributes)? That would be my intuitive assumption. But I've learned to copy & paste operation on the object tree in machining to get the same result.

3. The Tormach post processor, boosted feeds by a factor of 10,000, the other day on one roughing operation - that was interesting! Fortunately it was tested in an 'air pass'.

4. Edge - face selection gets 'behind' and doesn't seem to catch up, I have to restart the software. This could again be lack of video horsepower, though my guess is that mouse events( position, clicks, ect. ) go into a queue of some sort and the resulting actions of the software literally can't catch up.

Other than that, this is so far, great piece of software and design. Very easy to use.