586,119 active members*
3,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 24 12311

Vcarve Gallery

I figure it's about time someone started a Vcarve gallery thread. I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of pictures of a sundial I just finished using Vcarve. The dial measures 20X14 inches and is made out of corian. The style (the thing that casts the shadow) is made out of 1/8 inch thick plexiglas.

So Vcarve owners lets see what you've been up to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ro dial finished 01.JPG   ro dial finished 06.JPG  
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Am I the only Vcarve owner who likes to show off?

Here's a sign I made the other day. It's about 9X9 inches. I used paint-mask to color the cuts. That sure makes life easier. If you're ever trying to find a good pain to use, go to any art store and buy a heavy body acrylic paint. It goes on like butter and covers great.

Over all it came out pretty good. The wood was warped a little so I was fighting that a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4407.JPG  
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Jay,

That is a very good looking sign. It is simple and its gets the message across.

I should own a copy of Vcarve this month if my funds come through as promised.

Bob was posting his signs a while back but I have not seen him in the zone for some time now.

Keep the pics coming.

Jason

I aim to please here's another sign I finished yesterday.

Jason you're really going to like Vcarve. I know I keep saying it in these forums but it's the best software out there. What I really like about it is you can do signs and carvings that look great in about 2 seconds. For example the sign in this post all I did was type the text up, open Vcarve, import the text and the scrolls from an eps file, select everything, hit calculate tool path and that was it. I didn't have to change anything or monkey around.

The other thing that is cool about it I can do all my 2D machining too. So say you want to cut out parts for something. Just get the shapes in Vcarve, select the 2D toolpath button, then pick machine outside vectors and you're set. The software can really do it all, which makes life easy (and cheaper in the long run). You also feel like you got more then you moneys worth, which is really nice.

But take it from me; if you've just built/are building/bought/or have a CNC machine and you don't want to learn gcode or how to run tricky software get Vcarve. In a matter of minutes you'll be turning out stuff you never thought you or your machine could do.

Man I sound like a commercial. Next thing you know I'll be trying to sell teeth whitening kits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4409.JPG  
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Quote Originally Posted by dighsx
    Am I the only Vcarve owner who likes to show off?

Here's a sign I made the other day. It's about 9X9 inches. I used paint-mask to color the cuts. That sure makes life easier. If you're ever trying to find a good pain to use, go to any art store and buy a heavy body acrylic paint. It goes on like butter and covers great.

Over all it came out pretty good. The wood was warped a little so I was fighting that a bit.

Jay, would you be happy to share the G-Code for the Japanese sign??
    Skype me on imagineeringnz
    ----------------------------
    Intuitor: (noun)
    A person with a passion for learning and innovating that is so strong it is often more powerful than the desire to eat, sleep or seek personal wealth.
    Ummm . . . Guilty as charged.

I share your excitement about Vcarve. I was sold on the software from version 1 demo .

I posted my first demo cut in my Vcarve thread here is the link:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13797

Your latest sign is most impressive, not that I understand what it says but the results are great.

Jason

Hi Guys, Bob (Grizzmo) is back...feeling much better now....was a rough go for a bit.....but is looking better each day...here are some of the pics i put on tonys vcarve thread....boy do i love this program..... for all you folks who build yours...where and how cheeply can i get a spindle about 1 horse would do it..i keep burning up laminate trimmers and i cant stand the noise...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005051.jpg   2006042.jpg   January 9, 2006 048.jpg   January 9, 2006 046.jpg  

January 9, 2006 049.jpg  

sorry forgot the eagle here he is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005053.jpg   DECEMBER 22, 2005 053.jpg  

Good to have you back Bob. Those signs are looking really good. Got some good news today, so full version Vcarve should be mine soon.

Jason

How long did the eagle sign take to complete?

Jason

Hi guys,

Fantastic work with the software!

Jay - Are you after my job!
    Glad the software is 'earning its keep' and thanks for the praise and positive feedback!

Bob - Great to hear you are feeling better and thanks for posting the pictures of your work.

Cheers Guys,

Tony Mac

it took a couple of hours, but im redoing it by bringing the eps file directly into vcrarve ...i think it will be faster and i know it will be smoother...as i found if i export my corel files as eps instead of creating dfx files i get much better results......expecially on the curves

So which is the best bit to use in Vcarve a 90 degree V with flat or sharp tip...or another?
    Bill Schober

Quote Originally Posted by bsimages
    So which is the best bit to use in Vcarve a 90 degree V with flat or sharp tip...or another?
    Bill Schober
    Hi Bill,
    The bit selection depends on the size and type of image or text you are cutting, I used to use a 60^ bit all the time but the more I use Vcarve I choose the bit to suit the image.
    On the attached image I used a 30^ bit to cut the small lettering and a 60^ bit to cut the larger lettering and scroll work (sign is 22" wide by 12 1/2" tall).
    I'm working on another sign that uses a 1/4" flat end mill, a 30^ bit and a 60^ bit, I'll post a picture when it's finished.
    Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fouts1CNCZone.jpg  

Anyone know a good place to get vbits on the web? I've had a hard time finding the steeper angles. Seems like anything smaller the 60 degrees is rare, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Hi Jay,
    One good place to get bits is www.2link.com, they have quick delivery and there prices are reasonable.

I think your link might not be right. When I go I get a place for web hosting. Or am I missing something?
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Sorry Jay.
    Should be www.2linc.com (with a "c" not "k")
    Dean

very nice, ....Bob

Here's another sundial done with VCW. This one tells you the height of the sun off the horizon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails altaz dial 21 800.JPG  
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Page 1 of 24 12311