586,111 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 97 VF-3 spindle drive parameters

97 VF-3 spindle drive parameters

We have a '97 (maybe 98 i dont recall) VF-3 with the Mitsubishi spindle drive. The drive burned some traces on one of its boards so we purchased a new drive. Got the parameter list from HAAS service and installed the drive then changed its parameters accordingly.

Now when trying to start the spindle it will stutter back and forth, sometimes after a few seconds will then take off and run at correct RPM, most times will simply stutter until you hit RESET. It will run well enough below 100RPM so that the orientation for tool change works fine. But trying to start the spindle manually or by program just doesnt happen.

I talked to HAAS tech and they said to call Mitsubishi tech since it is a Mitsubishi drive. Mitsubishi tech turned out to be the worst phone tech experience i have ever encountered by far. Maybe ive just gotten spoiled from the many calls to NYMAT. So anyways, im almost certain we have a spindle drive parameter that just needs tweaked but im hesitant to just start playing around with them. Does anyone here happen to have a parameter list for this drive? Or have some advice on what parameters to tweak? The machine has the 7,500RPM 15HP motor.

Quote Originally Posted by GITRDUN View Post
    We have a '97 (maybe 98 i dont recall) VF-3 with the Mitsubishi spindle drive. The drive burned some traces on one of its boards so we purchased a new drive. Got the parameter list from HAAS service and installed the drive then changed its parameters accordingly.

Now when trying to start the spindle it will stutter back and forth, sometimes after a few seconds will then take off and run at correct RPM, most times will simply stutter until you hit RESET. It will run well enough below 100RPM so that the orientation for tool change works fine. But trying to start the spindle manually or by program just doesnt happen.

I talked to HAAS tech and they said to call Mitsubishi tech since it is a Mitsubishi drive. Mitsubishi tech turned out to be the worst phone tech experience i have ever encountered by far. Maybe ive just gotten spoiled from the many calls to NYMAT. So anyways, im almost certain we have a spindle drive parameter that just needs tweaked but im hesitant to just start playing around with them. Does anyone here happen to have a parameter list for this drive? Or have some advice on what parameters to tweak? The machine has the 7,500RPM 15HP motor.
    Did you get it figured out?

I had the same problem with a Mitsubishi spindle drive on a different machine. The phase L1 L2 L3 was incorrect. The wires were mislabeled from the factory. I didn't pay attention when I took it apart because it was labeled!

Good luck!