586,080 active members*
3,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FULL SPECTRUM LASER POSTS

Did my computer go crazy, or did the FSL forum disappear?

I think Henry took his bat and his ball and went home.

Too much bad publicity. The last thing I posted was about the mandatory 5 minute wait on tech support calls. The tech I spoke to told me they always have a wait because they want the people in need of tech support to figure out their issue themselves. I guess they hope the customer would eventually hang up before the call went threw.

We could always take the conversation to build log or something.

Consequently, FSL won't sell their controller's to the buildlog guys anymore. I guess they are more worried about competition than they would like to admit.

FSL is, IMO, a crappy company anyway, I bought something from them and expected it to work. Not be put off, nickel and dime'd and given the run around.

They say over and over how they check each machine, mine had sooo many issue's upon arrival that their is absolutely no way they ever checked it. Top it all off, they tried to blame me for all the issues the machine had.

I really just wanted to find out why the forum was removed. Not really a ***** session.

But, I have had my 40w hobby for about 9 months now and I have never had a single problem with the machine. I have had to call tech support only once and they resolved my issue. (Retniagrave upgrade on my pc). I use the machine for the business so it is used much more than for a hobby.

But seriously, if anybody knows the REAL reason why the forum disappeard please let us know.

Thanks

You could always call their tech support line and ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Engraver View Post
    Too much bad publicity. The last thing I posted was about the mandatory 5 minute wait on tech support calls. The tech I spoke to told me they always have a wait because they want the people in need of tech support to figure out their issue themselves. I guess they hope the customer would eventually hang up before the call went threw.

We could always take the conversation to build log or something.

Consequently, FSL won't sell their controller's to the buildlog guys anymore. I guess they are more worried about competition than they would like to admit.

FSL is, IMO, a crappy company anyway, I bought something from them and expected it to work. Not be put off, nickel and dime'd and given the run around.

They say over and over how they check each machine, mine had sooo many issue's upon arrival that their is absolutely no way they ever checked it. Top it all off, they tried to blame me for all the issues the machine had.
    Ohhhh!
    I'm not alone then?

I went through TWO faulty machines and three borked Motor Control and Retina Engrave cards.

And Henry gets pissed and removes his Forum from here when we point out what goes wrong. The FSE posts are still all there, and posting the FSE faults in the open forum may make him pull his socks up a little and improve the way he does things.

Hey, I completly understand about "airing out" your complaints. However I do wish FSE customers would have used the forum for more constructive reasons. Since the FSE sponsored forum on their site takes way too long to have anything posted and of course heavily monitored it is almost not worth posting there. That is one of the reasons I came to this site. I just wonder how many of the existing FSE customers are aware that this forum exists? I have not done much posting myself since I really have not had any issues or had many questions. I have had my laser only 8 months, but have learned so much just by reading all of the posts here, FSE forum and sawmillcreek's forums.

The problem with the FSE Forum is the moderation.

It can take 24 hours for it to be approved, and my posts answering other peoples' simple questions like cable placement on the Motor Control Cards using FSE's own labled photos, supplied to me when replacing the three borked cards I recieved, were not approved for posting as 'they contained Warranty issues". My post was just the photos..... :tired:

People will Google FSE and find there way here and we will still talk openly about their lasers and the good/bad points, but without the heavy handed forum moderation of the FSE Forum.

A friend and I were going to make a day (or two) trip to FSL next month and each buy a laser. There actions on their forum did not much bother me as they run it.
    Seeing that they have a real problem with people talking about what they make (or resale) on another forum I will pass on this company and go back with my original idea of building a laser. I figure if they go to this extreme to squash info about what they make (or resale) I want no part of the equipment or company.

Hurricane21 Guest

lovebug

Hey Lovebug,

This is John from Hurricane Lasers and we are located in Las Vegas as well. Our machines are also manufactured by GWeike as are FSE. Although we have made and continue to make improvements in both the hardware and software. Our support is second to none and we include a full 1 year warranty on all parts including the tubes.

Visit instructables.com and enter our contest to receive a 10% discount on any machine. Hurricane Lasers Contest

We are also partnering with Laserbits to begin laser classes on our machines through their Laser University.

And finally, we have entered into a partnership with CADlink to create a print driver and improved software for our machines that should be ready in November.

So please give us a chance and call or visit us. you will no be disappointed.

John

This is John from Hurricane Lasers and we are located in Las Vegas as well. Our machines are also manufactured by GWeike as are FSE. Although we have made and continue to make improvements in both the hardware and software. Our support is second to none and we include a full 1 year warranty on all parts including the tubes.
    So FSE is not made in the USA? They lied about it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    So FSE is not made in the USA? They lied about it. Thanks
    It seems their smallest machine is put together in the us? All of their other machines seem to be made in China. There is nothing wrong with stuff made in China, IMO, as most of what we buy today is made there anyway. Hurricane and Rabbit doesn't seem to have problems selling their machines, which are made in China. FSL's lack of transparency and honesty about their products is what turns a lot of people away. They should just sell their Retina cards by itself, and call it a day. I don't think it will be long before we see something that competes with that card, and without some loyal customer following, they are going to have to compete on price, and it's not gonna end well for FSL.

Hurricane21 Guest

software and cards

ATV2,

This is John from Hurricane Lasers. We are in partnership with CADLink which has the Engravelab product. They are producing our own printer driver to work with LaserCut 5.3 as well as our own software that will be a huge improvement over the current laser software on the market. We are hoping to launch this in November.

We hope that our great customer service, 1 year warranty and this software will continue to help us build market share and bring affordable lasers to the market place while being customer centric.

Check us out and join our newsletter to stay up to date with all of the improvements and changes that are going on at Hurricane.

John

John, that's great news, looking forward to seeing the product this coming November.

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswood View Post
    Hey, I completly understand about "airing out" your complaints. However I do wish FSE customers would have used the forum for more constructive reasons. Since the FSE sponsored forum on their site takes way too long to have anything posted and of course heavily monitored it is almost not worth posting there. That is one of the reasons I came to this site. I just wonder how many of the existing FSE customers are aware that this forum exists?
    $10,000 says posting a link to here, over there, is not approved and your thread is crapcanned by the moderation.