586,075 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Alibre Fatal Error

I downloaded the free trial version of Alibre but cannot get it to run on my PC. Everytime I try I get some sort of fatal error with a series of numbers after it and the program never opens. Has anyone else had this experience? How do you fix it? I think Alibre would be good software to use but I want to evaluate it prior to purchasing.

Which package of Alibre did you download? PE?

@amr6987 did you download the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version? What version of windows are you running?

I had problems with BSOD (blue screen of death) being shown when I was trying to run the 64-bit licensed version under Windows 8 (64-bit). Alibre told me that it was a problem with the video driver. I installed the 32-bit version and it ran fine. Annoying since I have 64Gb of RAM in the machine and I can't take advantage of it in Alibre.

** Oops - should have said I was running Windows 7 not 8 **

I downloaded both the 64 and 32 bit versions of the 3d cad program. I had the same results with both versions. I am running windows 7.

Most of the problems I read about causing BSODs were related to video. You might try updating your video driver.

I haven't had a chance to play with Alibre since I bought due to building my CNC machine and home remodeling. What I did see made me feel that I had gotten my money's worth (unlike Bobcat V24). I'm looking forward to using it for assemblies and parts.

Alibre will tailor your installation to match what you need. I purchased Alibre PE with assemblies for a reasonable price.

Still no luck

I've tried all of the suggestions but I still cannot get Alibre to open.

Hopefully not as a last resort, you could try contacting Alibre. I found them willing to help resolve issues like this, especially if it meant a sale.
    CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)

I received an email from Alibre the other day saying Microsoft is releasing a update that will break Alibre if you are running the 64 bit version, they have a patch for DL on the Alibre site.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    I received an email from Alibre the other day saying Microsoft is releasing a update that will break Alibre if you are running the 64 bit version, they have a patch for DL on the Alibre site.

Alibre Design

Time Sensitive Notice to 64-bit Users
    On or shortly after September 12, 2012, Microsoft will release an update for Windows Vista and Windows 7. The update will upgrade the .NET 4.0 Framework to .NET 4.5. This Windows update will break Alibre Design 2012 64-bit on Windows Vista and Windows 7. If you install the patch from Microsoft and do not update Alibre Design, Alibre Design will no longer function.

Alibre has released a patch to address this issue. Our patch is live today, September 7, 2012. The patch is available via the auto-update mechanism or by downloading the full installer from the Alibre website. Please ensure that the appropriate people in your organization are aware of the requirement for an upgrade if you do accept the patch from Microsoft.

Summary of Information
    What versions of Alibre Design and what versions of Windows are affected?
    This relates only to Alibre Design 2012 64-bit that is installed on Windows Vista or Windows 7. All other versions of Alibre Design other than 64-bit Alibre Design 2012 are unaffected. Windows XP installations are unaffected. 32-bit versions of Alibre Design 2012 or Windows are unaffected.

What are the important dates I should be aware of?
    September 7: the release date for Alibre's release of the Alibre Design patch
    September 12: the target release date for Microsoft's Windows Vista/7 patch

Preparation Check List
    Step 1: Ensure the appropriate people see this e-mail
    If you are not the primary administrator of your computers, please forward this email to the correct person so they can plan to take action before September 12th.

Step 2: Determine if you are affected
    Open Alibre Design on each computer you have it installed on. In the main Home Window, select Help from the menu and then select About Alibre Design, as shown in the image below.

In the About Alibre Design dialog, check the two areas indicated below. If it says 2012 and it says 64-bit then you will need to take action (unless you are working on Windows XP).

Step 3: Ensure your automatic updates are turned on
    In the main Home Window, select the Tools menu option and select the Change update options item. Ensure that your software checks for updates automatically. Note that the software checks for updates when it starts, so if you do not start it or if you leave it running for days, it will not be updated.

Step 4: Open Alibre Design at some point before the 12th
    This allows Alibre Design to detect an update is required and download it. Depending on the update frequency you have defined in the Update options, Alibre Design may not check for updates. Please go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates to manually initiate the update process. Note that if your software is not affected by the Microsoft patch, you will not see an update for Alibre Design.
    If You Have Questions
    Please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thanks,
    The Alibre Team

Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe
    Alibre
    2350 Campbell Creek Blvd, Suite 100
    Richardson, Texas 75082
    US