586,043 active members*
3,731 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Weird Cutting Behavior. OMC Controls

Weird Cutting Behavior. OMC Controls

I have a Kitamura with OMC controls today making some parts there was some wierd moves, I’m walking around the OD of a part that’s 7” X 2.63” with 0.015” corner radius, when the machine is cutting along the X axis goes into the radius X-Y move the cutter over cuts about 0.05” for 0.3” long then moves out and cuts the OD that’s programmed I’m also using cutter comp. It’s weird because the problem popped up on part number 40 of a 100 piece order. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricMFG View Post
    I have a Kitamura with OMC controls today making some parts there was some wierd moves, I’m walking around the OD of a part that’s 7” X 2.63” with 0.015” corner radius, when the machine is cutting along the X axis goes into the radius X-Y move the cutter over cuts about 0.05” for 0.3” long then moves out and cuts the OD that’s programmed I’m also using cutter comp. It’s weird because the problem popped up on part number 40 of a 100 piece order. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Hi Eric,
    Post your code for the Forum to see.

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hi Eric,
    Post your code for the Forum to see.

Regards,

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I can post the code tomorrow I don't have it at home. The problem started happining on part number 40. I was running the same program from part one to part 40 with out any changes to the program and no proplems what so ever and the machine started to over cut 0.05" deep for 0.3" long then the tool would move out and then cut the OD as programed. Not sure why the machine cut 40 perfect parts then start to over cut, never seen anything like it.

Iknow this was a diffrent problem and not sure if it has anything to do with whats above, Last week I was getting an 041 alarm something like cutter comp can't be ,I shut the machine down held P+CAN then restarted the machine was fine.