587,184 active members*
3,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > changing solid face color

Hybrid View

Re: changing solid face color

[QUOTE=cadcam;1157627]Like your thought to change a color of a solid or any entity you can use the F4 but the first would be to right click on color then select the solid and then pick the color ,unless you want to preselect then it will prompted for new color. QUOTE]

I'm using X9 & 2018 and the Set Solid Feature Color still doesn't work.

In X9, the only time I see the color I selected is when the mouse hovers over the solid. But that's the only time I see the color. When the mouse is off the solid, it reverts back to the original color it was. The Entity Attribute Manger is off.

In 2018 when the mouse hovers over the solid it does not show the color I selected. It shows the original color.

2018 does not even have the option to Set Solid Feature Color. So there is clearly something wrong with color that CNC Software can't figure out how to get it to work so they removed it.

The only way I found to change the color in Mastercam is to Modify Solid Face Color, which is time consuming & inefficient, or modify the color in the original software package (if you have it), which is also inefficient and can get really expensive just to change colors to be able to clearly see geometry quickly.

Does anyone know of any way that I clearly may have missed ? There's got to be a way. Please... someone???

Re: changing solid face color

the option do work. there sounds like there is an issue maybe how you are setting them or a Video card if you have to hover over the model to see he color changes.
    As for feature it is there . now if you made the model in MC 2018 then go into Model prep and select that feature option set color and either pick a face of a feature or go to the Solid Mannger and pick a feature.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .