586,036 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc alarm on a 0-MD control. Yang SMV 1000 machine.
Page 1 of 2 12

Fanuc alarm on a 0-MD control. Yang SMV 1000 machine.

Hi All

Hoping someone has seen this and can help.

Machine is a Yang SMV 1000 with a Fanuc 0-MD

I have a 1007 alarm wdescriptionpotion of "Mag CT1 NE Ct2"
    The Alarm resettablesetable.

I found some info on the net saying check diagnostic 455 and make it the same as Diag 457. I had 0001 in 455 and 0000 in 457 so changed it to match.
    Fanuc is saying this is a Yang Alarm. I cant find any alarm info on the net and cant find anyone at Yang that will return my calls.
    Alarm is related to the auto tool change system (ATC Red LED is lite)

Brent

I had a Yang SMV1000 for a little while I had the same exact problem. Also the tool changer would get stuck in mid change or the tool magazine wouldn’t retract. If I remember there are three parameters you need to look at. One displays the current tool pot. You need to change one of the 455 or 457 to one less or one more than the current pot number. I’m not sure If I still have the notes on how to fix it I can look.

I got tired of trying to re-align tool pots to correspond with what the NC so I would set the parameter to one higher call up T1 then reload the tool changer. If you do that I would recommend clearing height offsets that are not used.

Quote Originally Posted by EricMFG View Post
    I had a Yang SMV1000 for a little while I had the same exact problem. Also the tool changer would get stuck in mid change or the tool magazine wouldn’t retract. If I remember there are three parameters you need to look at. One displays the current tool pot. You need to change one of the 455 or 457 to one less or one more than the current pot number. I’m not sure If I still have the notes on how to fix it I can look.

I got tired of trying to re-align tool pots to correspond with the NC so I would set the parameter to one higher call up T1 then reload the tool changer. If you do that I would recommend clearing height offsets that are not used.
    You can write a quick program to load or unload the tools something like
    M6 T1;
    M00;
    M6 T2;
    M00

Thank you,

I would be very thankful if you would check your notes. I'm not having any luck finding support for this machine.

The machine wont allow me to do anything at all with the alarm up so cant try the program yet.

did you do a zero return to the mag?

Nothing will move with the alarm on, cant move anything.

Definitely machine side alarm...most machine builders use a "dual counter" method like this (for instance, older Leadwell lathes use this to make sure the turret position coincides with the actual position). If it continues to occur, then you need to look at a mechanical issue, or the method of detection, etc. because something is causing the mismatch (like a switch miscount for instance). If you set the parameters to match the actual then it should reset the alarm; however, if you need to set the parameters to be one less or one more as EricMFG is suggesting may be the case, then that would have to happen otherwise the alarm won't reset because it would still be technically in a mismatch condition.

I've spun the tool holder manually. It was on tool 4, was supposed to be going to 1. I've played with the parameters, actually the Diagnostics but am unsure what it wants to see. I'll keep playing with it. Thank you very much for the response.

Apologies for my delayed response I’m still hunting around. I originally purchased a couple of CNC’s and a bunch of other equipment also took over the shop lease from a company that went under. So when the Yang was sold and I palletized all the other companies paper work and left over parts they made. So now I’m looking threw the pile to find the notes. Did you happen to buy the machine from a guy in Massachusetts? If you did a copy of the notes are in one of the manuals and It’s a hand written. If I have no luck Fanuc has impeccable support and offers support on their controls for 20 years after it was manufactured.

No worries Eric. Machine was bought in Canada. I tried Fanuc and the alarm is on the machine side not Fanuc side so that was the end of the support :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Highfly View Post
    No worries Eric. Machine was bought in Canada. I tried Fanuc and the alarm is on the machine side not Fanuc side so that was the end of the support :-(
    I sent an email to the guy who serviced and programmed the Yang before I bought it he works for Methods Machine. The Yang I had was part of the buyout but I had too many problems with the tool change so it's gone.

1. The tool magazine would get stuck in between pots.
    2. Sometimes the magazine would not retract the spindle head would get stuck in the up position. (You would have to enter the tool change sequence in MDI mode. Something like M86 then another M code to move the magazine then another M code to end the tool change sequence) Or push the button on top of the solenoid on the back of the machine, only do that when the NC is OFF.
    3. The NC would lose track of the pot numbers. (think it's a problem with the encoder not the NC)

Quote Originally Posted by EricMFG View Post
    I sent an email to the guy who serviced and programmed the Yang before I bought it he works for Methods Machine. The Yang I had was part of the buyout but I had too many problems with the tool change so it's gone.

1. The tool magazine would get stuck in between pots.
    2. Sometimes the magazine would not retract the spindle head would get stuck in the up position. (You would have to enter the tool change sequence in MDI mode. Something like M86 then another M code to move the magazine then another M code to end the tool change sequence) Or push the button on top of the solenoid on the back of the machine, only do that when the NC is OFF.
    3. The NC would lose track of the pot numbers. (think it's a problem with the encoder not the NC)
    Have a look at parameter 500 for some reason it's coming to mind. I remember paging up to a higher parameter number then 455 and 457. Whatever the higher parameter was, 455 or 457 has to be one number higher or lower that will clear the alarm.

COOL!!! thx.

455 was 1 and 457 was 0
    I looked at 500 and was messing around with it. It was either 1 or 2 cant remember now.
    So 500 has to be one number higher than 455 and 457?
    I found on line that 455 and 457 should match, in my case they did not.

Thx again, really appreciate your help!

D452 should be the same as D457. I don't think it matters what value it is in regard of D499 but on my machine, D452=D457=D499-1
    D499 is tool changer position. It is the pot number that make face to the spindle. D500 is the tool number in the spindle. D501=1 D502=2 D503=3... until D520=20 for a 20 pot tool changer.

To modify these value, you must be in MDI mode, set PWE=1 and KEY=ON
    to set PWE=1 press DGNOS PARAM key, then param soft key, then page down.
    to set KEY=on press OPR ALARM,then opr soft key.

Let me know if it solve your problem.

Right on thx again. I'll give it a shot!

I tried it today and the alarm is gone! Thank you!!

The customer then went to run a test program that used tool #1. It went to #20 on the carousel?
    Also they cant seem to get the rotary chuck to home. Here is the program he is using.
    G0 G91 G28 B0
    The chuck will start to spin slowly but never stop. The relative pos at start up is at 1065.306 Distance to go is Zero. When he starts the program the relative starts counting up from 1065.306 and the Distance to go starts at 73685.00 and slowly counts down. Would take an hour or so for it to count down that far, is turning pretty slowly. Also if you try and press stop, it will not stop. You must use the Estop to stop it. If you press the reset button the Rotary chuck has a loud buzzing noise to it. Estop will stop the noise.

I know Fanuc controls very well. Just wish I knew the machine a lot better.

My experience is based on an hardinge VMC 1000 that is almost the same machine. Even the ladder seems to be the same. If the carousel position is wrong, it is D499 that is not set correctly, like i said, d499=pot in front of the spindle.

For the rotary chuck, i cannot help you

I will double check that, but put all at 1 like you listed... D452=D457=D499-1

Can I ask you what you have in D455?

D455=19 and it never change.

Page 1 of 2 12