586,123 active members*
3,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mill/Turn Programming

Hi all!

I do a lot of Mill/Turn programming and i routinely program using all three planes in the same program.

The problem is I need a Mill/Turn config so I can plot from start to finish.

Right now I devide my program up into seperate lathe and mill portions and then join them together after they are finished. That gets me through most of the time.

Sometimes when I am programming say... NPT threads in G19 using a incremental style then that will not run in a mill config it seems because of all the W's and V's.

Does anybody else out there have trouble with this? What are you doing to get around it?

Thanks, Mike

One thing did I did just notice that I had not before; if I click my way through all of the warnings when I hit the milling portion of my program while running a lathe configuration, it does actually plot!

Maybe you can set it up to ignore certain warnings so it will plot without all the clicking?

Matt

I have switched from clicking each warning to just holding down the enter button until the warnings pass. Works a lot better!
    I'm not sure if there are enough settings to eliminate the errors; most of the errors are arc and plane errors.
    I am happy now anyway, I did not realize that my tool path was plotting even though there were warnings.

I saved a screen shot because I thought it was cool to have the NPT thread milling plotted in a lathe config. I go to metal later this week!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MillTurnPic.jpg