Sorry to be the party pooper, but I have great luck in converting images using DesignEdge. I teach people how to use the DesignEdge software online, and I do it for FUN! I don't charge for my time. We get together via ZOOM, and I help people learn the software from square one, or work out a problem with a particular file, or whatever. I know there is a lot of chest pounding from the macho guys with "real plasma tables," :violin:but I will put my Samson 510 (PlasmaCam's 'BIG BROTHER') and DesignEdge software up against any other plasma table for ease of producing a part from a napkin sketch. DesignEdge does it all. It is fast, easy, and FUN to use.

Okay, so it is proprietary software and people who run a PlasmaCam are USELESS for running the other brands, but there is the old adage ... "Once you've tasted steak, you don't WANT hot dogs!"

I make You Tube videos to teach people how to use DesignEdge. Yes, the videos are admittedly "amateur" in nature, but I have over 400 videos online, and I get constant feedback about how they help people learn the software.

Is there room for improvement? HELL YES! A lot of needed features have been suggested, but PlasmaCam is the giant, slow, rusty barge moving down the river, and they don't change ANYTHING quickly.

DesignEdge is not really made for high end graphics work, so converting some raster image into a PCM or DXF file is not where the software shines. However, if a person were to TRACE that photo, I dare say DesignEdge is quick and efficient at producing the needed vector art file.

Also of note, I run a plasma torch, a 2.25HP BOSCH router, a paint pen and a small laser on my PlasmaCam tables. I carve wood, foam, plastic, PVC board and so much more with it. It is only a lack of TIME that has prevented me from producing a nice painting, or a fantastic piece of metal art using my table and DesignEdge.

So sit in the corner of the sandbox and throw mud balls at PlasmaCam owners all you want. We just laugh and go back to making money in Metal Art!

Joe