I have a 2.2kw VFD for my manual mills spindle, unfortunately my CNC has a 5hp spindle, i built a 10hp rotorybphase converter for around $140. So far only the spindle is 3ph,, the rest of the mavhine runs fine on 1ph.

I found my first failed component this afternoon, it was labeled Q14 on the sdfpo1525-17 turned out to be a n channel mosfet part# 2sk903 (someone tried to make it a non-replacable part by obscuring the part number). That should have been my first clue about its failure rate. As a technician i used to see that all the time, but not so much these days...The mosfet tester found it bad right away. I suspected that it was part of my issue when i first stared troubleshooting, but it was impossible to test on my standard multimeter. Pulled it out and plugged it into the mosfet tester it failed right away. I had already ordered that part last week, should arrive in another 6-10 days... Will continue to trouble shoot once i get Q14 replaced..apperently from my readings, when a mosfet fails it sends high power thru the circuit to the next component, unless its bleed thru a resistor which would probable act like a fuse going open to save the rest of the curcuit, or a zenier diode to clamp the power and prevent further damage, my servo amps seem to use the zenier, so hopefully replacing 2sk903 will fix it.. it is a well disigned servo amp, and i figure even if i upgrade the cpu im still gonna need these high power analog servo amps to run my machine, so fixing was the only real option for me..

thanks for your input on the phase converter, but i should have it covered at 10hp..i'm tweeking it a little from most plans i've seen, but just to relay the start caps differently. When i started the rotory phase converter the first time i couldn't shut it down, because removing one input leg would cause the start capacitors to re-engage, and the phase converer would literally just start right back up again..lol

My $18 floppy emulator came in today, its the upgraded one that has the 8 segment led displays to tell you which floppy partition your on. Should have it installed soon, but i found a usb floppy drive to.plug into my desktop that works great for loading code, maybe i should remake the cable to a two drive cable and keep both drives..a true floppy and a floppy emulator..