586,609 active members*
3,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > Accept laser cutting orders online. I've built a website. Looking for fabricators.

Accept laser cutting orders online. I've built a website. Looking for fabricators.

It seems most laser cutting companies are not good at taking online orders. One has to send file in attachment to get a quote and what if you want to try several companies to get the best price? Why not analyse the file, calculate the price and shipping automatically? Why not accept payment immediately online?

Some laser-cutting projects (like plastic letters or signs) can be designed online without using vector editors, with immediate preview and immediate online payment.

So I have built a website that does this. The URL is www.lasercute.com. It is not 100% finished, I'd say a working prototype but it will be finished soon.

I'm a programmer myself, I don't have laser-cutting equipment and I'd like to manage only online part of the project. So I'm now looking for companies or individuals who have such equipment and who would take care of the actual cutting and shipping.

The idea is to have one central website that accepts orders (either by uploading files or by using online designers) and several companies/individuals "factories" around the world that would do the cutting and shipping. Different factories would have different materials available, different prices and different shipping options, so users of the website could select the one that suits them best - either best price or fastest delivery.

I'm located in Sydney, Australia. I'd like to find someone in Sydney. Now that calculation is not verified yet it would be highly desirable to have access to equipment and see exact results. I also need someone in US and Europe as these are two biggest markets.

I don't expect any significant volume of orders in several first months, which is a good thing until the process gets stabilized. I need someone who would quickly respond to orders despite low volume during this initial period. I think small/mid companies would suit best. At the same time I believe that the idea has a potential so you should be ready for the volume growth.

Go to https://www.lasercute.com/Home/ForFabricators for more details about how the system works. You will find contact email there. If this idea sounds interesting or if you have even better one please don’t hesitate to contact me

Bit like shapeways.com but taking it that step further! Is anyone using this? I wonder how much demand/activity it would have.