586,238 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Bridgeport boss 5 steppers with G213

Bridgeport boss 5 steppers with G213

Hi all,

I have an old boss 5 that I gutted the old controls on. I'm a little confused on wiring the steppers to the gecko 213's I have. I have 6 wires coming from the motor, the 4 for the windings and 2 jumpered sets. I understand where the wires for the windings go but its the 2 jumpered wires I'm lost on.

Tracing the old wires shows me where the windings are and then one jumper wire goes back to the power supply and I can't see where the other goes to. I believe these are the superior stepper motors. From what I read that jumper going into the power supply has a current limiting resistor and that controls the max current going to the motor. How would this work with the gecko 213's with a c11 Bob? Thanks all

Ok, I got the motors wired in parallel and all the motor did was make a lot of noise but no movement. Upon reading that low end torque suffers in parallel, i traced out the coils in the motor and wired it up in series. The motor moved one way but then when I tried to move it the other way it stopped and now the g213v drive has both a red and green led on and wont do anything now. Did I fry the gecko?