586,268 active members*
3,533 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > renishaw probe not turning on

renishaw probe not turning on

I have a 2 year old VF3YT and the machine started taking a r e a l l y long time to sense the probe/tool setter. The batteries are good, windows are clean and the probe turns on instantly if I manually enter M59 P1134. So I am saying the Renishaw system still works but something in the Haas program seems to be dragging.

I put an M stop in program 9832 (to avoid the time out error) and the probe will turn on after a while so I’ll re-hit start and the probe will do its thing. But five and ten minute wait times to probe one surface is extremely annoying and manually touching off tools because the $5k probe system doesn’t work is pissing me off.
    Also, I got the latest Renishaw software from Haas (V.30), loaded that after clearing all the variables, recalibrated tool setter and probe and nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated -

Before you continue to try to "fix" this problem on the machine control side, I highly recommend you contact Renishaw to find out if this is a known problem with a known solution.

I guess I should add that contacting Renishaw was the first thing I did a few weeks back. They are an excellent company to deal with but they could only help prove that their system was working.

I was really hoping someone on here has come across this problem.

Have you disconnected the cables, cleaned with contact cleaner and reconnected? Checked wiring for breaks, bad insulation? Swapped with another probe unit from another machine? Checked probe output signals and voltages? Replaced the I/O card in the Haas?

Quote Originally Posted by upshift View Post
    I have a 2 year old VF3YT and the machine started taking a r e a l l y long time to sense the probe/tool setter. The batteries are good, windows are clean and the probe turns on instantly if I manually enter M59 P1134. So I am saying the Renishaw system still works but something in the Haas program seems to be dragging.

I put an M stop in program 9832 (to avoid the time out error) and the probe will turn on after a while so I’ll re-hit start and the probe will do its thing. But five and ten minute wait times to probe one surface is extremely annoying and manually touching off tools because the $5k probe system doesn’t work is pissing me off.
    Also, I got the latest Renishaw software from Haas (V.30), loaded that after clearing all the variables, recalibrated tool setter and probe and nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated -
    Still sounds like a problem with one of the programs. Are you using the probe through the IPS system or the visual quick code system?

Renishaw Support

Hi Upshift,

I would give Rich Foley at Renishaw Technical Support a phone call.

He is a really sharp guy and may be able to offer some ideas or suggestions.

There phone number is 1-847-286-9953

Let me know how you make out.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

I didn't have the exact problem you're experiencing but similar. We ended up reloading the "9000" programs from the disc/usb that came with the machine (should be in the back cabinet) and it fixed the problem. Something got corrupted and I suspect the same is happening with yours.