586,036 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CAMWORKS

CAMWORKS

BEEN USING CAMWORKS FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS NOW AND I'M ALMOST A EXPERT AT IT. :banana:

Hey thats great, I have a ?, how do you set your postprocessor to generate code for a haas machine?...MAtt

Quote Originally Posted by willow58 View Post
    Hey thats great, I have a ?, how do you set your postprocessor to generate code for a haas machine?...MAtt
    Hello Matt, I have all Haas machines here. First you have to have the right post processor for Haas machines. If you double click on your machine in camworks you will see your tool crib, Post etc. Click on your post and see if you have a processor in there.

Yes I go into the machine and all I see is example machines, is there some kind of database I can load to give me more machines?

Quote Originally Posted by willow58 View Post
    Yes I go into the machine and all I see is example machines, is there some kind of database I can load to give me more machines?
    Do me a favor and click on your toolcrib and check to see if it is in mm. But yes you have to add you machines to the data base but first check your tool crib.

All of the tools look like they are in inches. I do have 4 cribs: 1crib, 2crib(fadal), 3crib(haas), 4crib(english).

any posts for a Haas lathe?

bobcad guy Guest
    ive been "camming" about 2 weeks now. only done about 5 or 6 jobs. first 2 or 3 I sat in with a guy to learn. now i'm on my own, and I can handle the simple parts with no trouble. im sure trouble is right around the corner though, as the complexity of parts starts to increase. we do a lots of mold work, and 3D toolpaths, so the ripping of hair from my scalp is approaching.

kingrais Guest
    I think rapid Prototyping can be defined as a group of techniques used to quickly CNC machines use CAD & CAM software that lets you easily switch between tasks by simply by loading a different program.

Re: CAMWORKS

Working in Soliworks, you can go to the Camworks in toolbar and open technology database wich opens the database in microsoft access.
    In there you can add your machine and all relevant data, table dimension,travel,max rpm's etc. Later that machine is available to you in camworks.