586,106 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > file saved wrong version

file saved wrong version

This has been kinda of a pain in my a_ _,ever since I got V25.I open up a file that was created in 23 in25,then when I close it I don't pay enough attention and I hit yes save changes.OOPS.Now I can't open in V23 without some things to do.I wish there was a way the Icons on my desktop would be all one way for 23 and one way for 25,that way it would help at least.Of course paying attention would help,but stuff happens.The main reason I need a lot of my 23 files to stay 23 is very simple and this is HSP.I still use 23 wayy more than 25 because of this one thing,HSP.Hands down it is a biggy.Wish BoB would get on it like they said almost 2 years ago.Any way my question is,if everything is in 2D is it best to Merge the now 25 file back into 23,or is it alright to save as a Dxf,then open and save in v23?Either way I lose my toolpaths and that sucks.I guess what I am asking what is the best(meaning drawing comes out accurate)way to get the drawing back to 23?I think I going to make 2 copies of all V23 unless some one has a sure fire way of this not happening.Way too much time re-doing tool paths.

Merge does not work.I thought I had read a while ago that it would for the drawing?Also noticed that the file saved in v25 d,the layers does not work(at least if they are dimensions).What are some of your strategies to not have not have this happen?Of course slowing down and paying attention anything else?Wish the file extension was different for the different versions or something.

Advanced Rough Adaptive ? ?

Have you tried using the Advanced Rough "Adaptive" toolpaths ? ?

Have you looked in your backup path in ver 23? you might find a copy of the the ver 23 there.
    C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\BackUp
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com