586,983 active members*
3,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > Need to buy a entry level CNC Router like CNC 3040\3020

Need to buy a entry level CNC Router like CNC 3040\3020

Hi All,

I really want to buy a entry level simple\Cheap CNC Router to use on my wood cutting and shaping projects, I am not doing coplex stuff and working on small pieces of wood so dont really need a big table size, I found some on ebay and liked the CNC 3040 OR 3020. What would be a good and economic choice for these machines?? Where can I order one?? I am a newbie so I am kind a lost and need some guidance, please share your knowledge.

Thanks

Hi Zegeli, and welcome to the 'zone!
    I don't think that you will get much useful advice with broad questions like that, since an informed choice needs a lot more very specific information. (what is small? how precise do you want? how fast do you want? what types of pieces are you wanting to make? and so on). The best advice is to learn the ropes by reading a lot here, thinking a lot, then reading a lot more. These pages are filled with great advice and there are many very clever members, but you are going to have to answer the big questions pretty much on your own, and that takes time.
    Most folks here would argue that the journey (process) is as important as the destination (product). Mostly, what you get is a balance between what you want and what you are able to build or afford to buy, so you should have these things straight in your mind as you learn.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRowntree View Post
    Hi Zegeli, and welcome to the 'zone!
    I don't think that you will get much useful advice with broad questions like that, since an informed choice needs a lot more very specific information. (what is small? how precise do you want? how fast do you want? what types of pieces are you wanting to make? and so on). The best advice is to learn the ropes by reading a lot here, thinking a lot, then reading a lot more. These pages are filled with great advice and there are many very clever members, but you are going to have to answer the big questions pretty much on your own, and that takes time.
    Most folks here would argue that the journey (process) is as important as the destination (product). Mostly, what you get is a balance between what you want and what you are able to build or afford to buy, so you should have these things straight in your mind as you learn.
    Cheers!
    Hey,

Thanks a lot for the advise. I already started reading, I will only need to cut some small 2mm thich pieces of wood into sertain simple shapes and maybe engrave a message on them (a word or two), table size could be around "560×320mm" (CNC 3040 size), basically since I only need to cut shapes on very thin wood and possibly engrave letters on them I believe any cheap entry level portable CNC cutter with do the job. I just some info on where I can purchase a portable CNC cutter or what models\brands can be a help to me.

P.S: Price range is up until $1000

I am reading but meanwhile maybe someone could give me a hint or a hand, or even a newbie like me who found an answer to a similar question like mine.